Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Please give me some advice folks.

twells2twells2 Member Posts: 4
edited January 2014 in Chevrolet

We have a chevy equinox 2010 which we purchased last year around May - we have had issues with it loosing oil. There are no spots on the ground, there are no spots on the cement floor of our garage nor are there any spots in the parking lot here I park at work. We have had this issue twice so far. I am being told it is "normal" for us to lose 2-3 quarts of oil, i.e., burn it, every 3-4,000 miles. My husband and I have talked to loads of folks who say "no way." Your thoughts. The dealer is being a real stinker...

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Check out this thread.

• Options

I have Stever and just am so confused. I bought the extended warranty, I spoke with the dealer today and said "get me out of this vehicle and put me in one that is comparable" Of course I have the "no can do" comment. He is going to put me back through the dye through the oil test once again,t his will be the 2nd time and of course I will be told there is no issue...I am angry

• Options

The dye test would show leaks. There's also an oil consumption test they can do where they monitor the oil level. Ask your dealer about that or contact Chevy customer service and ask them to open up a case for your 'Nox.

• Options

We just found out they want to do the oil consumption test. Will Chevy customer service do that on my word

• Options

Well, they'll probably just pull up the dealer's records on their computer and see that you've been in to complain.

• Options

I guess I am wondering with all the complaints I am seeing on these cars if GM will help me to get it resolved or am I SOOL

• Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655

@twells2 said:
    I guess I am wondering with all the complaints I am seeing on these cars if GM will help me to get it resolved or am I SOOL

If it is one of the bad ones they should cover it.