Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Acura ILX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2015 in Acura
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Acura ILX purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 ILX, please share your experience here.

To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Acura ILX Lease Questions and 2016 Acura ILX Lease Questions forums.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Acura ILX and 2016 Acura ILX pages..

To see all forums discussions about the ILX, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Acura ILX discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• rossssrossss Member Posts: 1
    just closed on a 2014 ILX base a week ago.
    $25000 sale price,
    1500 sale tax
    199 doc fee,
    300 TTL
    total is $27000 OTD
    with 0.9% finance from Acura and 0 down payment.
  • bybchuckybybchucky Member Posts: 2
    Thank you to everyone on the forum for posting prices. It gave me great leverage when it came to pricing things out at the dealer and making sure my purchase price was fair.

My OTD was $29100, including a 6% MD tax, $190 title/tags fee, $195 dealer fee, and $100 all weather mats.

My dealer was Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, MD, and my sales person was Kenneth Chang.

Thank you.

For all those interested, I also purchased a 2014 RDX AWD Tech the same day for an OTD of $39300, with the same tax rate and fees and mat prices above.
  • jojo821jojo821 Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted $330 with $1000 down at signing for a 2014 Acura ILX base model with remote start and a deck lid spoiler. Is this a respectable deal?
  • bugsbigbugsbig Member Posts: 2
    For 2014 ILX base model, what do you guys think? should I pull the trigger?
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    edited November 2013
    That's not to bad...they wanted $24k plus ttl from me last week here in South Florida and I walked...didn't like the vehicle that much as they only had silver and white over black and I want the dark gray over black. Also, it's so much like my current '06 Civic except I have no roof or leather like seating surfaces or back up camera. Also, didn't care for the lack of low end grunt...compared to the Buick Verano, it just felt under powered and cheaper all way around. My guy was the internet salesperson and he was very low keyed which I appreciated as these vehicles sell themselves. I liked it...just didn't love it for that price. Maybe at $22k I would have considered it. Also, they low balled my trade at $5800...way to low for me as I am not just giving it away! And also, I didn't really "love" it, not like I did the Verano or now, the Escape. And I have to "love" a vehicle if I am going to spend that amount of coin on one. I didn't get "that feeling" with the ILX though I really wanted to...I really did!
    Good luck and let us know. They are nice vehicles, really, but not for me...at the price I was offered!

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• hazelroguehazelrogue Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2013

2014 Acura ilx base Leased

Purchase price (capital cost): $24,000

money factor: 0.00015

All Fees: $1470

$0 down (excl. fees)

Lease Monthly payments (36 months): $264 (taxes included) @ 12K miles

residual value: $15560

Low balled my trade in - sold it privately for $1000 more than their offer. but i started advertising prior to going to the dealership so that I wouldn't eat insurance payments once i had new car.

Every dealer told me that "they" (the men in suits you never get to see?) wouldn't be able to sell a 2014 car to me for $24K, so each time I told them the truth that a dealer had already agreed to that price and clutched my purse (getting ready to walk). 1 minute later they all could meet or beat that offer.

I was asked to sign contracts without knowing interest rates and was asked to give deposits (ranging from $500 to $2000) for a car that isn't that much of a hot seller. This "DEPOSIT" for a car that isn't going anywhere. #1 They have a bunch in stock #2 They want to take away my buying power, pretty transparent. One dealer had the balls to ask me, what is their guarantee that I'll buy from them if I don't give them this deposit? I said,** NONE!** you don't have a guarantee until you tell me ALL of the numbers associated with the deal and I DECIDE to agree to them. What is so hard about a CLEAN deal? You tell me how much and I say, yay/nay/walk away. You want to make money and I want to save money, let's negotiate a price based on invoice, not negotiate a deposit.

Why would I pay you to check my credit application? They can make rules up as they go but I will continue to give my business to those that at least adapt to the type of car being sold. If it's a hot selling car, then lets be logical.

I wonder how much trouble one would go through to get that deposit back. I asked one dealer what I would be signing with this deposit...and I must look like an idiot because they showed me the actual contract. And at that point, they hadn't even checked my credit to tell me what the interest rate would be. So I sign a contract, and then the rate ends up being 8%??? Say what now? The contract says, unless financing can't be approved but it doesn't say unless financing rate is low to the customer's satisfaction. So again, walked away from that mess.

After that I told every dealer, A. I will not be giving a deposit, do not even ask, and B. tell me all the numbers fees, etc upfront and if there is even one fee that they "forgot" I would simply walk out. When I got to the finance guy to sign the final deal, he didn't even bother trying to sell me anything extra. Overall fun, entertaining experience, can't wait to buy my next car and avoiding the same dealers I walked out of and telling all my family/friends which dealers NOT to go to.

Dealers that I would do business with:
    Acura of Manhattan (NY)
    Acura of Park Ave (NJ)

In my own personal experience and sole opinion, dealers in the other box are located in the town of Ocean, NJ and Denville, NJ.

Happy Shopping.

• cejaneycejaney Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 2014 Acura ILX on 1/14/2014. I got my sell price by using truecar.com. $23, 672.00, including dest. fee, for base model. I wrote a check for $25, 944 out the door. I have about 1, 100 miles on it now. The dealership sold it to me with a few extras, guess they were too lazy to remove them.
  • muz3alimuz3ali Member Posts: 2
    Bought my 2103 ILX Tech slightly used with 400 miles for under $24K was able to negotiate and get all the accessories I wanted. Great car and absolute thrill to drive. I recommend going with a certified used and negotiating down. Definitely make sure to purchase All Weather Floor Liners, they help keep your car clean and new.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271634323877?item=271634323877&viewitem=&vxp=mtr