Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Subaru Outback

2»

Comments

• morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384

Why not put the 2.0T from the Forester in the Outback?
    Secondly- a totally refreshed and higher quality design interior. Every time I get into an Outback, I feel like I stepped into a 1990's time machine. Much prefer the interior design of my Tribeca.

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,756

Interior design of the Tribeca is gorgeous. They really nailed that one. The last-gen Forester and Impreza (which are the same) were very nice, though I've heard many complaints about the "feel." They went to blocky on the inside and bulgy on the outside for all of the new models.

2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • mfkmx5mfkmx5 Member Posts: 1

Bring back the middle rear seat pass-through, or 40/20/40 configuration on sedans and wagons

Bring back the Legacy wagon too.

• easypareasypar Member Posts: 191

Auto tailgate because my wife is mad that right after she got her 2013 Outback the Forester came out with it. Turbo would be nice, a router feeling seats.

We were going to swap my 2010 legacy for something else, probably German, but the 2015 Legacy/Outback looks like more than a 're-fresh so we'll probably stay a 2 Subie family.

We did see the new Legacy at the Denver auto show 2 weeks ago and it's better looking in person than the pictures.

• saedavesaedave Member Posts: 694

You might want to check the Forester electric tailgate very carefully before you get one on the new Limited Outback. I have heard complaints that it is slow and jams when you try to hurry it.

• rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788

@easypar said:
    Auto tailgate because my wife is mad that right after she got her 2013 Outback the Forester came out with it. Turbo would be nice, a router feeling seats.

We were going to swap my 2010 legacy for something else, probably German, but the 2015 Legacy/Outback looks like more than a 're-fresh so we'll probably stay a 2 Subie family.

We did see the new Legacy at the Denver auto show 2 weeks ago and it's better looking in person than the pictures.

New Outback has an auto tailgate. It's optional on 2.5 Premium and standard on Limited models.

Bob

• bdubs2bdubs2 Member Posts: 1
    Manual enthusiasts unite!!! Call 1800SUBARU3 and talk to a customer service rep to know how bad they screwed up by not offering the 2015 outback in manual. At least let us custom order one if they don't see a reason to have them on the lot. They can start by helping us import from Canada with no uplift. Unfortunately, if they do nothing the golf sportwagen will be my next car (along with the many other wagon stick enthusiasts)..

@bdubs2 said:
    Manual enthusiasts unite!!! Call 1800SUBARU3 and talk to a customer service rep to know how bad they screwed up by not offering the 2015 outback in manual. At least let us custom order one if they don't see a reason to have them on the lot. They can start by helping us import from Canada with no uplift. Unfortunately, if they do nothing the golf sportwagen will be my next car (along with the many other wagon stick enthusiasts)..

Ain't gonna happen. The take rate here in the USA is too low. Can't make a business case for it.

Bob

• easypareasypar Member Posts: 191

Thanks Bob. I knew the new Outback had the tailgate but her 2013 only has 27,000 miles and is only 18 months old. Anyway we made a deal today to trade in my 2010 Legacy for a 2014 BMW 328d, X-drive because, Colorado. So she has to wait awhile to replace her Subie.

Thanks for the reminder though I keep meaning to check about aftermarket/Subie brand, add-on for the tailgate motor.

easypar

@easypar said:
    Thanks Bob. I knew the new Outback had the tailgate but her 2013 only has 27,000 miles and is only 18 months old. Anyway we made a deal today to trade in my 2010 Legacy for a 2014 BMW 328d, X-drive because, Colorado. So she has to wait awhile to replace her Subie.

Thanks for the reminder though I keep meaning to check about aftermarket/Subie brand, add-on for the tailgate motor.

easypar

Nice. :) Son David has an X1 28, X-Drive, and is very happy with it.

Bob

• ushy66ushy66 Member Posts: 366

First Drive:
    2015 Subaru Outback

Motor Trend's first drive of the 2015 Outback with lots of cool pics. Check it out: (http:// "http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1406_2015_subaru_outback_first_drive/")

• ushy66ushy66 Member Posts: 366
    edited July 2014

Subaru is America's third most off-roaded brand; 37.4 % of all Outbacks go off-road

This is not surprising to most Subie fans. Check out the report: (http:// "http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/01/subaru-americas-third-most-off-roaded-brand/")