Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Chevy Tahoe - loose mystery electrical wires

dclark90dclark90 Member Posts: 4
edited May 2014 in Chevrolet
I recently moved to a new state, where I bought my first car a couple months ago: a 2007 Chevy Tahoe with about 97k miles from a dealership.

A couple weeks ago I ordered this auto accessory called Automatic that connects to my OBD-II port and feeds info to an app on my phone. In the process of locating my OBD-II port, I came across a number of electrical wires tucked beneath my steering column that appear to be disconnected.

I know absolutely nothing technical about electronics, let alone the electrical system of my vehicle.

If anyone has any idea what these belong to or whether they should be connected, I'd be grateful for the help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
  • Options
    If I haven't shared enough info, let me know what's helpful.
  • Options
    That sounds reasonable enough to me.

Thank you!
  • Options
    laddiemcladdiemc Member Posts: 1
    Yes - these are specifically connections for additional features. In the LS with the 4.8 liter engine they use the same wire harness for all three Tahoe models including the LT and LT1. As stated above when dealing with 100,000+ units it is much cheaper to order the wire harness for all vehicles and not use wiring for features not included in your package. Also, there is a Police Package harness for even more electronics specific to law enforcement, Fire and Paramedics. The extra wires in your pictures most probably associate to GPS navigation system and automatic temperature control system not available in the LS model.
  • Options
    helenhaganhelenhagan Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    What does the pink and green wire indicate for.? For which purpose they are been used..?
    [non-permissible content removed]