Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Altima Engine Failures

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    electricdesignelectricdesign Member Posts: 681

Actuator is near top of engine on timing cover on passenger side. The wire connector plugs in to the actuator solenoid from the backside. The computer sends a signal to this solenoid which then allows oil pressure to flow to the intake cam advance mechanism.
    E. D in Sunny Florida

• Options
    kenski1kenski1 Member Posts: 1
    I am the latest casualty to the Nissan family. We bought a 2002 Altima about 6 months ago with 94K miles on it and just found out last month after I changed the oil myself back in August that the oil pan was bone dry. After doing my calculations the car burned through 1 qt. of oil every 300 miles. Certainly seems to tie into what everyone else is saying here. I wish I knew of this problem before I purchased the car otherwise I would have walked away. They previous owner knew I'm sure before he turned it over to the dealership. Oh well, I guess I will have to feed oil to this car until the engine dies. I called Nissan corporate and they play dumb to the whole thing like they are not aware of this situation.
  • Options
    electricdesignelectricdesign Member Posts: 681
    edited August 2016
    Tuesday August 02, 2016
    I haven't been here for over two years. I was checking to see if there was any new news about the Nissan Engine Problems caused by the Catalytic Converter being sucked into the 4 cylinder 2.5 L engines. I guess not, as these problems have died out as these engines bit the dust. It has been a very sad saga of our automotive industry and also a very sad saga for a government agency to NOT step in and make this right, and allowing a major Auto Manufacturer to screw over their innocent customers.
    I STRONGLY BESEECH all of you, in this day of computers and electronic technology, to PLEASE get on the INTERNET and research any vehicles that you are interested in, to find out any and all problems with them BEFORE you buy! DO NOT walk out on a car lot and shop for a vehicle according to how you :FEEL" or how it "LOOKS", or how much you "LIKE" it. Nothing wrong with liking your vehicle, but make sure it's a good reliable vehicle BEFORE you think about liking it.
    My first post on here was in October 2007, and then many more after that. If you are not too familiar with this problem, I would suggest that you go back to the begining of this thread and read through all the posts. You will find it very informative I'm sure.
    I hope this helps some of you.
    [Email removed]
    E.D. in Sunny Florida