Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Top 10 SUVs and Crossovers for Tall Drivers for 2014 | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2017 in Editorial
imageTop 10 SUVs and Crossovers for Tall Drivers for 2014 | Edmunds.com

These 10 crossovers and SUVs lead the pack in front passenger space, making them excellent picks for tall drivers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• engineer_mbaengineer_mba Member Posts: 11

I would love to see an article on the "Top 10 Sports Cars and Sports Coupes for Tall Drivers", especially since not all sports cars and sports coupes accommodate tall drivers very well.

• tbavistbavis Member Posts: 7

If you're not too wide... the Subaru Forester beats all but the Highlander for legroom, all but the Pathfinder for headroom.

• bgsntthbgsntth Member Posts: 92

I sat in a Sequoia (Sunroof) last weekend and my head was firmly in the headliner with the seat lowered all the way. It was grazing the headliner on a 2014 Escalade (sunroof) we rented for two weeks on vacation. I'm pretty sure that your measurements are for vehicles with no sunroof, which are very rare in coastal CA. For reference, I can place my fist between the top of my head and the headliner in my 2008 Range Rover and 2014 Accord Sport.

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708

Edumnds/Warren - Drop the "hiproom" part of the ranking. It's all about headroom and legroom for us tall guys.

If you want a "Best cars for the overweight", that's something else...

• patrickwpatrickw Member Posts: 32

I agree with @texases. For me (since I like to sit up straight), the only real measurement that matters is headroom, but I suggest that vehicles with seatbacks that force tall drivers to slouch (e.g., the current Altima, Chevy Aveo, etc.) should come with warning labels.

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165

I don't understand why with so many models you have to get a headroom robbing sunroof if you want leather. That's a particular weak point with Asian makes.

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708

@berri said:
    I don't understand why with so many models you have to get a headroom robbing sunroof if you want leather. That's a particular weak point with Asian makes.

My favorite complaint! I have limited my car choices to those without sunroofs, both Lincolns. But that may no longer be the case....grrrrrr.

• seadog1000seadog1000 Member Posts: 2
    I'm 6'5" and really liked the Touareg, (always without sunroof). Current car, a VW Tiguan that I like a lot.
  • nroell40nroell40 Member Posts: 1
    I'm 7' and I'm looking for a car that would be close enough to what i would fit in. Obviously there probably isn't a car i fit great in but close would be nice do you guys have any suggestions that are reasonably priced.