Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Flat Tire - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jaguar
imageFlat Tire - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

The tire pressure warning system on our 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe isn't the good kind. Like our BMW 328, it will tell you when you have a flat and on which tire, but not what the exact tire pressure is.

Read the full story here

Comments

• notfastnotfast Member Posts: 93

Why are there so many nails on the roads of California?

Here in IL, I think my last 2 flats were screws though I'm not sure why they are prevalent (for me).

• bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188

you know what really grinds my gears? tires being called "meats"

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863

Eh, only $30. That's nothing compared to the cost of replacing those 20" tires. On Tire Rack, you have 2 options, either $1,354 a set (Pilot SS) or Pirelli P Zero for $1,478 a set. That's, of course, not including shipping and installation.

• zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580

"Turns out 550 horsepower through the rear wheels and monkey-grip from the fronts has a negative impact on tire life."

You are forgetting the impact that not having to buy the tires yourself has on tire life too.

• ocramidajzjocramidajzj Member Posts: 91

Is it only me who thinks patching a high performance tire, close to the end of life is a bit risky, especially when your driving the car aggressively?

• csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143

If you're buying a car like this, you shouldn't be worried about tire life whether you pay for the tires or someone else does. If you can't afford tires, you can't afford this car.

• wheelmccoywheelmccoy Member Posts: 97

@bassracerx said:
    you know what really grinds my gears? tires being called "meats"

Agreed. Makes it harder to be vegetarian too. :P