Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Wide Open Cargo Space - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche
imageWide Open Cargo Space - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Is there enough cargo space in our 2015 Porsche Macan to make it useful? Depends on how much you consider enough.

Read the full story here

Comments

• cobrysoncobryson Member Posts: 110

I don't see how this is any different than some other compact SUV. Aren't all cargo areas wide, flat, and unobstructed these days? I suppose your point is that despite it being a heavily stylized Porsche, it's still somewhat practical...just seems like an odd way to say it.

• noautomaticsnoautomatics Member Posts: 14

How much space is there with the cargo cover in place? SUVs have really jumped the shark when they can carry less cargo than compact sedans and the Macan appears to be a prime example.

• stsainjstsainj Member Posts: 1

I believe the Cargo volume is measured up to the cargo cover.

Could we get some pics of whether a bike fits in the rear with the seats folded like you did for the 3GT? Thanks

• legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599

@cobryson said:
    Aren't all cargo areas wide, flat, and unobstructed these days?

Unfortunately this is not the case. I'd like to see a measurement but from pictures the floor of the Macan might be wider than the CR-V between the wheel wells. (In fact, I just did a search and found that the Macan is over 1" wider between the wheel wells although the CR-V is probably wider behind the wheels).. Take a look at the Cherokee's cargo area. It's pretty disappointing. Cargo areas are not created equal and sometimes the cubic volume measurement can be misleading because the space is less usable. It's not a valid comparison but look at the cargo area in the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade. Huge cars with very weak cargo areas.

• kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    edited September 2014

The Macan's a fine enthusiast's companion, but not the most practical CUV out there. A measly Subaru Forester XT offers 68.5 cubic feet w/ rear seats down, 34 cubic feet with seats up. A Toyota RAV4 offers 73 / 38 cubic feet respectively. Both could be had together for less $ than the Macan. But granted, neither of those have the Porsche aura, fast acceleration, or ala carte options.