Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Buying my leased car. Mercedes Benz ML 350.

mbml1mbml1 Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

I leased 2013 Mercedes Benz White ML350 in October of 2012. The lease will be up by next month. The current mileage of the car is 19500 miles and the car has the technology package. I am thinking of buying the car because the residual value is $35k as compared to the market value as per KBB.com for $41k. I understand that there will be taxes and registration so my calculation will be $38-39 including other fees and taxes. But the dealer wants it to be certified first and it will cost additional $2k. Since I know the history of my car, can I not ask them to certify it since it will add more price to the cost? is this the standard procedure of all dealers if you want to buy the leased car. Please advice.

Comments

• Options
    sungscowsungscow Member Posts: 13

We purchased my wife's bmw last year and there was nothing to do. I don't think the dealer can make you get it CPO'd. After all, it's your decision whether or not you want the additional warranty!