Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport Priced at $38,920 | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Land Rover
image2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport Priced at $38,920 | Edmunds.com

The new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport SUV starts at $38,920.

Read the full story here

Comments

• marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96

In my book, the "the ideal family vehicle" is not an SUV. That would either be a minivan or a wagon. SUVs are first and foremost about image - and an ugly one at that. But again, my book is way off-base from the standard American. Sad.

• dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143

@marcos9, the advantages of an SUV are also capabilities in inclement weather due to AWD/4WD and increased ride height. So, in many ways, they might be considered safer for families. That being said, this Rover is a bit of a disappointment. The styling is not inspiring and the interior looks definitively downmarket from the Evoque.

• csdevcsdev Member Posts: 4

I think it looks good. It's clean. The overall shape is similar to the 2015 Ford Edge, and that's not a bad thing. I hope it is available as a 5-passenger and that the third row seats are optional.

• quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827

@dfelix70 said:
    marcos9, the advantages of an SUV are also capabilities in inclement weather due to AWD/4WD and increased ride height. So, in many ways, they might be considered safer for families.

Sure, but AWD/4WD can be had with certain wagons too, so that's not an inherent advantage. I guess the real advantage is the increased ride height and usually ground clearance if you need it, but there are disadvantages to that. The SUV is usually taller and heavier, which is bad for braking distances, emergency maneuvers, and rollover risk. A safe vehicle is one with well engineered safety measures, not a big one.

• patinthecitypatinthecity Member Posts: 40

That's a nice Ford Edge circa 2006

• themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436

Looks better than (and will cannibalize) Range Rover Sport and Evoque

• phantogramphantogram Member Posts: 13

Looks stupid, and unoriginal... Big disappointment. If this is actually 'targeting a growing list of luxury SUVs, including the BMW X5, Lexus RX 350, Mercedes-Benz M-Class, and Volvo XC90.' then it loses every time. Period.

WreckEmTech
  • jlmcdonaldjlmcdonald Member Posts: 1

It's not ugly. It's just so very vanilla. It looks like a Hyundai Santa Fe, but for more money. It just isn't compelling enough at that price point.

• mitt_zombie1mitt_zombie1 Member Posts: 32

I don't think it looks bad, not luxurious though... It is should be nice when it is running but Range Rovers may be the least reliable vehicle made today....

• jr99jr99 Member Posts: 8
    LR Disco Sport seems to offer 5+2 seating OR the BLIS/Advance Cruise option. I would like both. Does anyone know why they wouldn't combine these two? thank you.