Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Why You'll Want To Buy A Macan - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche
imageWhy You'll Want To Buy A Macan - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Most of Porsche's vehicles have MSRPs that easily clear $100,000 when new. But the 2015 Porsche Macan is different. In comparison, it's almost affordable.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    What pictures?
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    I assume the ones that they post every other time they talk about driving on fun canyon roads. :P
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    "It's important to point out that the Macan doesn't give you the stereotypical small Porsche driving experience..."

"On this drive, the Macan reminded me a little of what it's like piloting a Subaru WRX."

This is actually a very informative post- even though it's subjective impressions, the important thing here is that you provided a ton of context and comparison. The above paragraphs for example, already tell me a lot more than many car reviews I've seen for the Macan. Great work, please keep this coming!
  • Options
    eurocarlover19eurocarlover19 Member Posts: 28
    This is a great real-world post. When I drove the Macan Turbo at the Porsche World Roadshow a few wks ago, I really enjoyed the way it handled and accelerated-it felt very fluid. I'd choose it over the Panamera and Cayenne any day.
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Thank you so much for the comparison to the WRX. I've been waiting for reviewers to start referencing cars that don't fall exactly in the class of the vehicle being tested. In terms of a fun CUV, how does this compare with a CX-5? I know they're not the same on the spec sheet or at the country club. But that's another small CUV that everyone says is fun to drive.
  • Options
    kurtamaxxxguykurtamaxxxguy Member Posts: 1,798
    So how is the Macan's interior room for drivers, given its Audi Q5 relative's rather cramped for leg and foot room (thank Audi's preference for huge center consoles that ironically offer very little storage space!)?
  • Options
    DLuDLu Member Posts: 94
    legacygt and kurtamaxxxguy, if you are thinking about crossovers like the CX-5 or Q5, you probably do not want to look at the Macan, and look at the Cayenne instead. Porsche makes them really snug! The Macan is like a modern 3-series wagon/hatchback.