Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mirror Dip Tip - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche
imageMirror Dip Tip - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

I like a passenger side mirror that dips for parallel parking. Our 2015 Porsche Macan S has this feature, but it took a trick to make it work.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    grijongrijon Member Posts: 147
    Mine do not, but I would use them if they did!
  • Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    I use this constantly. Well, I should say I try. My Model S, being the very definition of reliability that it is, only sporadically allows the function to actually work. Nevertheless, I use it whenever possible and always used it in my previous Benzes and Bimmers. I particularly like how BMW and MB make it so easy to set and to alternate between the driver or passenger mirror tilting down, depending on need.
  • Options
    darexdarex Member Posts: 187
    edited September 2014
    On my 2014 MINI Cooper (and perhaps on your long-term tester), the passenger's side (but not the driver's side) dips too, or not, depending on where the slide switch next to the mirror-folding button is positioned. If the driver's side can dip, too, I've never figured out how to make it happen, so I suspect it doesn't do it.
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    My 2006 Acura RL operates the same as darex's Mini. I find it annoying that manufacturers still consider this feature to be "luxury."
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    And rental car we had recently did this and if there was some easy way to switch it on and off like they say with the mini I'd be fine with it but 9 out 10 times I wasn't parking by a curb and wanted to see more behind me rather than down
  • Options
    ocramidajzjocramidajzj Member Posts: 91
    I programmed my VW R to do this via VAGCOM. Just need to flip the mirror switch to passenger and the mirror will tilt when going in reverse.