Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    While waiting for input from owners you might want to look at TMV new car prices, used car pricing, used car values at Edmunds.

tidester, host
  • oman9oman9 Member Posts: 97
    I have a 1996 GC Laredo inline 6 which I believe has a 3.0L displacement...didn't realize they did V6 4.

Ours has 102K miles on it and runs like a champ. We had early issues including a cracked radiator, broken water pump, problems with the catalytic converter (I believe that was a recall issue) but all were covered under warranty...all but the catalytic converter occurred in the first 36K miles....very lucky. Cat converter covered too as Jeep/Chrysler extended coverage up to 80K for that one.

We've had for over 7 years and it's proven to be a champ over the long haul. Just took it on a round trip of almost 1,000 miles the past few days, did great. Plan on keeping for a long time to come, at a minimum as an extra vehicle.

Because of those initial problems I was a bit sour on Jeep. After longer term ownership I'm good with them and am strongly considering buying a MY 2006 Jeep GC with the V8 hemi MDC engine.

Ask for maintenance records...the mileage is low. Good luck.
  • 95jgcownerinpa95jgcownerinpa Member Posts: 2
    We have a 1995 jgc and when we turn on the heater we are getting a foul odor everything looks good no dead animals anywhere. I am having a hard time locating the evaporator drain. can anyone help me out....... Thanks
  • janzjanz Member Posts: 129
    It is probably an I6.
  • tloke1tloke1 Member Posts: 185
    An I6 engine was previously available in the Grand Cherokee. A new V6 comes out this fall in the new 2005 model, along with an updated V8 and the 5.7 Hemi.
  • elaine1elaine1 Member Posts: 1
    We have a 1995 JGC also. We have had musty smells from both the heater and AC in the past. We have also had trouble with the evaporator drain 3 times. As I understand it, the drain twists around and gets clogged. When that happens, the drain backs up and you get wet carpet in the back seat. The last time this happened, the Jeep dealer took the AC housing off because it had dead leaves etc. in it. Apparently there is no screen over the intake which allows leaves and grass to accumulate.

Obviously I am not a mechanic nor can I tell you where to find the evaporator drain--but I'll bet that is your problem
  • fishrxmanfishrxman Member Posts: 31
    It's been awhile since I last posted here. I've racked up 58,400 miles on my 3rd Grand Cherokee without any major problems. It's almost ready for the big $$ 60K maintenance and probably should get new tires. I need a set of tires suitable for heavy snow, some off road, and mostly highway driving in northern Wisconsin. I realize there are several quality manufacturers (e.g. Goodyear, Bridgestone, Kelley, etc). Could anyone comment on +/- for these mfrs?
  • naatz1naatz1 Member Posts: 188
    I have an 01 loaded Laredo 4L 6 w/selectrac. It's been a pretty good vehicle: only snags were the brake TSB and leather seat heaters replaced twice plus a few other minor fixes under warranty. We bought the DC 70K Max Extended warranty (and musta got a heckofadeal @$700 as the dealer says they couldn't sold it for that but I have the check to prove it). I got the 6 based on a few friends experiences with it in GCs, Cherokees and Wranglers: all over 200K miles with no engine/tranny problems other than one transfer case. Yeah it's not as glamorous as the 8 but plenty of power for us; we rarely even pull a 2000lb Uhaul so no need for the AWD 8 setup (but we recently bought a 300M closeout with 3.5L 6, now that is one smooth powerful beast!)

Sooo at 55K miles doing 5 tire rotations my Goodyear Wrangler SRA 24570SR16s are about due for replacement in a few months. I live in the woods in southern Minnesota so need something to handle a few months of some snow & ice. When new the dealer thought I should buy it w/the SRAs vs standard radial-like Wranglers and to be honest since I don't offroad I am not sure I really needed them along with the extra road noise and purchase expense, but they seem to last pretty good for a stock OEM tire.

1. Any comments from someone that's used the "snow tire like" SRAs vs standard GYs or similar brands in snow?
    2. I have read good things about Michelin Cross Terrain and especially LTX M/S tires ... anyone with testimonials on them, are they worth the almost $150 ea?
    Hey Naatz1,

I have a 96 JGC Laredo 6 cylinder, 104K miles and runs great. I'm a big fan of Michelins, have the LTX M/S the whole time except the first 36K miles which had whatever it came with, can't remember. I'm on the second set of LTX's, first set lasted about 50K miles, not bad...I'm pretty good about tire pressure monitoring and rotation.

This morning, by coincidence, I got my LTX's rotated. I happened to be in the shop area when they were balancing one of them and the tech mumbled (he didn't see me) "Perfect rating, Michelins are the best..." This was not a Michelin store, but a tire store that sells most major brands. I guess it was perfectly balanced and he didn't need to adjust...

I also have Michelin's on my Infiniti I30, MXV4 Energy Plus tires, they are quiet and last about 60K per set.

Yes, they are worth the $. Don't know about the Cross Terrains, never used them...the LTX is what my research some 6 years or so ago led me to and they've worked great so I bought my second set at around 85K miles....this set is performing very well also.

Good luck!
    Thanks oman9, the LTX's are topping my list so if my local dealer carries them and can give me a decent price I will probably go with that (I am still doing pretty much everything there other than minor stuff I do myself due to the extended warranty).
    If you have an America's Tire Co. or Discount Tire Co. (or Center, they are the same company) that's a great way to go. They match anyone's price as long as you bring in the advertisement or coupon and give you free lifetime rotate/balance. For $17 or so a tire, they also give you certificates (they keep in the computer too) that if anything happens during the life of the tire and they can't safely repair it (in the belt line) they give you a free replacement. I usually don't buy things like that, but I began about a year ago. Ironically within one week I had a tire on my JGC go bad and the Infiniti, both not repairable. I got a free tire (same Michelin replacement) for free....a good use of $17 times four for each vehicle...$68 for each car and if anything should happen to any of the tires again, free replace. When they replace you do have to spend $17 to get the new tire covered...

Pretty happy with that outfit....good service too!
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    I had a 2000 Grand Cherokee that came with Goodyear SRAs. When the originals got to over 40,000 miles and started getting noisy, I ordered 3 from Sam's Club for less that $130 each. Installation and road hazard was about $10 each, includes lifetime rotation and balance. I used the spare as the fourth one and put the best of the original 4 in as the spare (mine came with the wheel and tire on the spare matching the 4 on the gound.) That was less expensive that buying 4 Michelins. (I put 4 Michelin Select LT M&S on my 2000 Trooper for about $110 each plus $10 mount/balance/road hazard just before doing the Jeep. Both have the same size tire. Walmart carries the Select LT. Pretty good tires.
    Traded the Jeep in on an Envoy SLT XL in May. It came with the Michelin Cross Terrain... Great tire...no road noise or vibration. I would consider those for replacement as well. Sam Club shows those for about $137 each in the 245/70/16, so almost $150 each installed, plus your local sales tax, if you have a Sams close by. I would imagine Costo would have a similar deal.
  • kkics1kkics1 Member Posts: 11
    Hello all! I am looking at purchasing a 2004 Overland in Chicago. Dealers are advertising $10K off MSRP. This does not include the supplier discount that I have. Any thoughts on how reliable the Jeep is? I have had friends that have either loved or hated their trucks. I hope to fall in the love category, but that remains to be seen.
    Also, does the Overland need premium fuel, or can it get by on 87 or 89 octane?
    I love my 1999 Laredo. I purchased it new. Just know that most of the people posting here have had legitimate and significant problems though they seem to have died down as this body style has been around now for 5 years. It is those owners will speak up loudly and more often than those of us who are happy.
    You may have read my #1828 post on tires above. I don't have an overland but loaded Laredo w/6 so will keep it short but I am basically happy with the vehicle & give it around a 7.5 outa 10. An 04 should have the disc brake fixes on it and at the end of this body changeover be pretty good for you - as an engineer I bought the 300M closeout vs new 300 for similar reasons this spring (plus price which you'll benifit, style and FWD vs RWD). I have heard more gripes about the GC full time AWD eating tires than the engines. I agree with the other guy that the internet is a great vehicle for bashing; however these Edmunds posts tend to be somewhat less emotional especially if you read a couple hundred posts and pay attention to guys that have been on it for over a year vs the one time basher. Good luck!
  • evaddaveevaddave Member Posts: 156
    Reliability: The later the Jeeps are made, the more reliable they tend to be. I haven't had any reliability issues with my '02 Limited.

Fuel: The Overland (or any trim level, actually) with the HO V8 only needs premium unleaded to get the extra power. It will run just fine on regular unleaded, just with slightly less power.
    We are going to be heading out next week to hopefully pick up an Overland. My wife is swaying towards a Montero due to the 3rd row of seats and extra room (we have 2 year old and twins due in early October.) The room in back should be alright for 3 seats in the Jeep. I know the Montero is much larger, but it does not feel or look as good as the Jeep.

As long as it is reliable, I will be a happy camper...Thanks!
    Congrats and all the best to you on the twins, my boys are now 15 years old!

I agree on space, I've had many conversations with friends (with twins and not) on how vehicle needs change when you go from 1 or 2, up to 3 kids. IMHO with 3 car seats in the back may find your space cramped pretty quickly in the JGC. Before you buy, I suggest actually putting or at least measuring for 3 seats. Even if they do fit, it may not be safe. Have you considered access to the middle seat? From what I have seen about 3rd row SUV's, often the back seat access is difficult as well. Probably ok for kids who can climb in and out on their own, but access to a car seat may be awkward and difficult over time.

I wouldn't say that my AWD eats tires, but then I have fairly low mileage 45K on a '99.

Mitsu's are pretty sharp, but I'd look closely into the relability and depreciation on the Montero. From what I've seen, their value drops faster than the JGC.

My .02, you need to consider your space issues above all. If you cannot fit that need, the rest is moot. I'm sure this is not what you want if you are considering an Overland, but what you really need is a minivan.
    We have a 2003 Sienna XLE as our other car. The Jeep is for the winter and projects. I just want to make sure that we can use the Jeep in a pinch. My wife loves the look of the Jeep, so it will be her 2nd car and my first. I guess I got the better end of the deal. I am 6'4", so I hope that I fit. The adjustable pedals should help.
    Hy husband is 6'2" and not particularly large in build. He really doesn't like the closed in feeling in the drivers seat. He much prefers his full size 2000 Chevy truck for driving leg room and comfort.

Also, you will have to move the drivers seat back, that will cut off back seat leg room. Not likely a problem with car seats, but be aware.
    kkics1, I also am concerned you have room for THREE car seats in a JGC rear seat. I can put in my wide shouldered 17 yr old defensive tackle son with his much smaller 24 yr old sister and averaged sized fiance for short trips of 50 miles, but it is real tight. As you say you have a minivan which is a real good plan for 3 kids, however I echo other comments to check it out first. I am 6'4" and fit ok in the Laredo with dual power seats, however even forward visibility was an adjustment for a few months after driving caravans for 15 years. BTW, I have a friend with a Montero, actually his 2nd in 15 years and he's happy with reliability but as you can read Mitsu is hurting as a company lately with some rather blatant reliability problems in Japan.
    You should be fine with this later Jeep but they are not a big vehicle, just lotsa fun to either churn through snow/ice storms with and be assured you will get where you want to go.
    kkics1, I also am concerned you have room for THREE car seats in a JGC rear seat. I can put in my wide shouldered 17 yr old defensive tackle son with his much smaller 24 yr old sister and averaged sized fiance for short trips of 50 miles, but it is real tight. As you say you have a minivan which is a real good plan for 3 kids, however I echo other comments to check it out first. I am 6'4" and fit ok in the Laredo with dual power seats, however even forward visibility was an adjustment for a few months after driving caravans for 15 years. BTW, I have a friend with a Montero, actually his 2nd in 15 years and he's happy with reliability but as you can read Mitsu is hurting as a company lately with some rather blatant reliability problems in Japan.
    You should be fine with this later Jeep but they are not a big vehicle, just lotsa fun to either churn through snow/ice storms with and be assured you will get where you want to go.
    is not just room (or footprint of the child seat on the car seat), but can they be SECURED properly to meet safety standards. I have concerns that the middle seat could be secured to meet vehicle and safety standards.
  • dwrestledwrestle Member Posts: 72
    Just bought a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 4.7 Liter V8, with 15,000 miles on it, all white except for the chrome grille, the chrome thing on the under side of the front of the Jeep, and the gold trim lines. They upgraded from a 95 Limited with the 5.2 V8, that my uncle has upgraded with some headers and exhuast, and it now has around 270 HP and 325 Lbs Ft of torque, thats a lot better than the stock 220 HP and 300 Lbs Ft of torque.

We took it for a spin and got to 100MPH well before the quarter mile mark, and he has the regular 4.7 not the High Output. He said the 4.7 is every bit as fast as his modified 318, so thats pretty good, I just wonder how much better the High Output is, anybody know how much faster it is, and if it gets the same gas mileage(the 4.7 gets better mileage than our 4.0).
    Thanks for all of your input. I think that if I can get through the next 2 years, the booster seats will have plenty of room for 3 little ones. In the interim, we do have a mini van. But now I am wondering if I take the $11K off MSRP today or wait for the anticipated rebates on the 2005?
  • erickplerickpl Member Posts: 2,735
    Jeeps can be problematic. If you want a GC now, get the 2004. I prefer the styling myself. The new look hasn't grown on me yet. (I'm still trying to get past the new BMW 5!).

-Paul
  • dlcleavksdlcleavks Member Posts: 20
    My '02 Overland now has 92,500 trouble free miles. Just returned from a 10 day, 4,000 mile romp through Glacier, Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks. Did some off roading outside of the Grand Tetons. This summer I did install a 4" Tera Flex lift and 265/70/17 BFG's combined with a K&N FIPK and Kolak Performance Exhaust pkg. Also installed a Garvin Wilderness Rack to hold the spare which will not fit in the cargo well area. I'm very happy with the performance and appearance of my Jeep and hope to have continued service levels as I approach 100,000 miles and beyond.

-Dave
  • 4xjgc4xjgc Member Posts: 1
    I love my 04 Overland. This is my 4th GC. I started with a 93 laredo, 95 limited, 99 limited (special ordered) and now my 04 Overland which I purchased Jul 03. I love the 18 mpg I get in my daily mountain drive commute (156 RT). The only problem I have run into is my chrome wheels are peeling, A first for JCG! I have never had any major issues. I just seen a pic of the 05...like the front end but the rear is "edgey" did not like it at all. Guess you can't love'm all. My opinion..you can't go wrong with a LGC!
  • legendmanlegendman Member Posts: 362
    >If you have an America's Tire Co. or Discount Tire Co. (or Center, they are the same company) that's a great way to go<

I had the pleasure of meeting the president of Discount Tires several years ago, during a trip to Scottsdale, Arizona -- their headquarters. A highly successful businessman, it's president still rolls up his sleeves and pitches in at local stores when customers are waiting for service on extra busy days.

Now the largest independently owned national chain of tire stores, Discount Tire's beginnings were quite humble - one hard working man with one tire store.

Discount Tire (and America's Tire in California) is a very reputable operation. They'll fix anyone's flat tire for free, regardless of where you purchased it. They are competitive and they are competent. It's also comforting to know that if you are ever traveling cross country that chances are good that one of their stores is not far away.

I have also had excellent experience with TireRack. Their website is simply outstanding; a site that includes actual customer reviews and test drives of the tires that you are considering for your car. Those reviews were instrumental in helping me make an informed and educated choice when substituting an OEM tire to another brand.
  • sunpro2003sunpro2003 Member Posts: 15
    I am leasing a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    Exterior is Brilliant Silver Metallic and
    Interior in Leather Taupe.

What is the best color pinstriping to get for this combo?
    Thanks
  • dlcleavksdlcleavks Member Posts: 20
    I agree, I've paid low prices and received excellent service and product from TireRack. Not only did I save hundreds of dollars but received the same tire available at name brand stores. TireRack will drop ship your tires to the store of your choice for mounting or, ship to your address. I'd highly recommend TireRack.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    DaimlerChrysler cutting Jeep prices (Washington Times)

Steve, Host
  • frankfrank Member Posts: 12
    I am considering this vehicule and would like to hear your thoughts on 1)resale value of a 2wd
    2) how will the 2wd handle rain of freeway and easy trail off road.
    I rarely go to the snow and live in an easy weather state (california)
    And by the way, does the 2wd use less gas?
    Thx
    perhaps a bit less gas, but not much. As for easy weather in CA, you've obviously never tried to go to Mammoth Mountain when it is snowing. :)

While the 2wd will save you a bit, a 4wd will give you so much more versatility. But that is just my opinion.

My Quadra drive 2000 GC is very stable in rain and snow, but I also drive conservatively in those situations. The best factor in determining stability in rain is the quality and type of tires you put on that Laredo.

-Paul
    Thx Paul.
    on the same topic. Is it an absolute no-no to tow with a 2wd?
    today is more a function of the engine and tranny strength (and the towing setup). With additional weight on the back, the rear wheels make even more solid contact with the ground.

My opinion of SUV's is: Keep the U in SUV. Get 4x4. :) To me, a Jeep is all about 4x4 and offroad abilities and that go anywhere thought. Though I don't offroad much in the Grand, knowing the 4x4 is there provides additional comfort for me.

-Paul
  • sbcookesbcooke Member Posts: 2,297
    I don't have a JGC...but thoughts..

1. Resale, definetely will hurt resale
    2. I don't think you will get much gas mileage increase.

I personally wouldn't purchase a 2wd SUV, just for that one time you want to use it or need it, you will be asking someone for a tow. There isn't much gain in 2wd other than price if buying used...as long as you are really capitalizing on that.

One consideration is that the 2000 JGC had a lot of issues...perhaps the 2wd isn't subject to the same transmission, differential, axle and brake problems that the 4wd had? I would steer very clear of the 1999-2001s...I shopped for one back in 1999 and then read about all the problems in the next couple years and was very happy that I didn't go through with it...just my $0.02
    The only issue I have had with my 2000 is the brake rotor warping issue. I live in the mountains, and I STILL got 63,000 miles out of my FACTORY pads/rotors before the warping got so back I had to do something. The warp was noticeable after about 40,000, but still very minor.

Guess it just depends on the luck of the draw with them. But we've been VERY happy with our GC. All tranny leaks were covered under warranty. Since the last warranty service, we have gone 50,000 miles with not a drop out of the transmission, but we do change the fluid regularly.

-Paul
    My '99 V8 4X4 has been trouble free except for warped rotors which is a defective brake caliper issue. (They do not disengage completely, causing excessive heat to build up.) This has been address thru a TSB that you can find if you do a search of earlier posts. I got mine repaired per this service bulletin.

I believe that most Jeep and SUV driving people would say 2WD what's the point? It will hurt resale, but maybe in your part of the country not so bad. However, for that same reason, are YOU getting a good price? In general JGC's do not hold resale value w or w/o 4WD.

I don't know what you mean by "easy trail off road", but I'd caution you to think that because it is a Jeep that it will be much better "off road" than any other 2WD vehicle. (Well maybe a little it IS a Jeep afterall!)

I have full-time 4WD and get about 16 MPG, but I do relatively no highway driving. I really don't think the mileage will be much affected for 2WD vs 4WD.
  • dwrestledwrestle Member Posts: 72
    if you have quadra trac you are in rear wheel most of the time anyway, the gas mileage might be 1mpg or so better but it won't be worth getting 2wd in a Jeep, thats the whole point to Jeep, if you don't have 4WD you have a big on the outside small on the inside SUV that doesn't handle to great and whips in the wind, but still has a great engine, and transmission(no matter which engine). A Jeep does better off road than a 4WD Truck, when it's in 2wd(it was still a 4wd but it wasn't engaged).
  • dnscuddnscud Member Posts: 14
    i just bought a jgc 2001 limited. i checked out its history, and found it is a good vehicle. what problems should i expect from it? it has 59500 miles on it.
    Comments to you first dnscud: I have a loaded 2001 Laredo 56k mi but based on advice from multiple friends stayed with the 4.0 I-6 and Selectrac...so far so good. I assume with a Limited you have the V8. As mentioned to Frank below other than those 2 problems fixed under warranty it's been good. You will notice these SUVs (maybe all makes) require a fair amount of tranny/transfer case service which is pricey since I don't do the "crawl under the vehicle" stuff, but I change my own plugs, radiator coolant and basic stuff. Other than that it's a good vehicle but if you have the V8 full time FWD I defer to others to comment on that: you will probably hear some good and bad.

Now to Frank 4/18: I fully agree to get a 4WD JGC and not 2WD. You can see I have the Selectrac so do run 2WD 2/3 of the nice weather mons of year in SE MN (including pulling trailers) and it gets about 1mpg highway mileage better in 2WD (usually right at 20mpg@70mph w/o major wind). We leave it in 4WD 50% of the winter. 2000 was still a questionable year but my 2001 loaded Laredo has been pretty good after we got through the infamous brake rotor deal (got all new free front brake system at 35,500 miles so not all bad)and a few burned out leather seat heaters but those seem to have finally fixed now too. I hope I can say this in another 5 yrs too as my mileage will probably be dropping per year on this vehicle now that we have a new Chrysler 300M for more comfortable highway trips - yes much more refined, luxurious and sporty fun than the jeep but I won't feel that way in heavy snow this winter.
    thx to all for the 2wd/4wd sound advices. I will pass on the 2wd and go for the 4wd.
    I am now looking at 2000 and 2001's.
    Edmunds suggest that the gas mileage is much better on the 01. Does anybody agree?
    how much better is it is the whole point.
    It looks like there are more 2ooo out now that 01. that may be the reason...
    Also, in regards to 4wd, which one is the best one. There seems to be too many options select trac , quadra track II,..
    Also, I am about to see two similarly priced vehicule, one is a laredo with 4wd and every other possible option: moonroof, leather,....
    What's the main difference between a loaded laredo and limited then except for the stereo control and the front chrome grille ?
    Any thoughts?
    Thx a lot!
  • mf15mf15 Member Posts: 158
    Well now getting my 4th one, 96,99,02 and now 04
    the lease deals are pretty good they are desperate to move 04's DC is even picking up the last 5 months of my 02 lease.
    But I will have to say they have deconted the Laredo quite a bit since 1999, things that are gone, upper windshield tint,instant MPG,passenger electronic seat,steering wheel radio control,possibly leather wraped steering wheel not sure yet, roof rack cross bars of course they were gone in the 02,chromatic rearview mirror, and I cant get heated mirrors without a package,
    that is what I see so far, but I am getting it anyway. My wife has a new escape and I like the car but I am more comfortable in a GC better seats. But I had to think hard to not by a second escape.
    Mike
  • leathercolorleathercolor Member Posts: 1
    had my steering wheel replaced, went to pick it up and the color didn't match. dealer said that the "agate" color I have is not available and installed a lighter grey??? does anyone know if this true. dealer said that manufacturer of the jeep leather parts has been changed and that they have changed the color???
    Interesting Mike. I have not followed the Laredos since buying ours new 12/01 bit if you read my post above I mainly got it due to some guys at working steering me to the I6 (one strongly favored the V8 but he pulled heavy trailers a lot). All the Limiteds they had then had both sunroofs which really crunched me in the front and my 6'+ son in the rear and 17" tires which seemed overkill to me altho not any more seeing the almost 60K miles I am getting on these original GY SRAs. I would really miss the passenger electric seat; wife uses that all the time depending on if son is behind her or not, plus auto mirror nice. And even though it sounds dumb back in 01 the steering wheel radio controls were what swung me from an Escape to the JGC! I am a gadget/remote guy and still play with those (why they do not have a mute seems crazy...the Escape was thousands less however I agree, seat cushions were too short for my long legs too). Last comment: we have a new 300M, with the same radio controls of course and a sunroof that even fits, but they also took the instant MPG off the overhead display and replaced it with tire pressure monitoring. THat's a great feature but the dealer now charges $50 extra for lifetime tire rotation vs formerly free since they have to muck with the magnet and calibration when they rotate tires...or at least that is what they said.
    So your post and the fact they are changing models tells me how they have marked these Laredos down so much over the past few years; I benefitted the same way on my 300M saving almost $4K + 4K rebate addt'l as they changed to the 300C which had RWD I did not want here in MN snow country. Good luck on the new one!
  • greasykid1greasykid1 Member Posts: 336
    This is THE best year for value. After 2001 decontenting took over in a big way.

Have had 4 previous GJ in 6 & 8 2wheel & 4 wheel.

My 2001 has towing pkg also. Only the V8 has the 5 speed tranny, On the freeway @ 70 mph get 21 mpg.
  • mf15mf15 Member Posts: 158
    Well after 2 weeks and about700 miles I think they have decontented the suspension. I did not notice this on the test drive. But I can feel every bump and ripple in the road in this 04 also suspension noise which should not be there. After sitting in one of these for 9 years I know every sound they should make and how they should handle over all types of roads. This one either has a problem or then really messed with the suspension. Mike
  • pek1442pek1442 Member Posts: 3
    I just got a call from a salesman at my local dealer and the 2005 GC's are showing up next week. I can't wait!
  • jefferson1964jefferson1964 Member Posts: 330
    Nothing but good things to say and it looked nice, kinda like a redesigned 98 model IMO.
    Ive had 2 GC my current 98 with 86K and still running great. Also, had a 03' Limited v8 HO, that was the biggest piece of junk ever. In the shop for over 1 month still had problems and lots of engine knocking. Loved the look, ride, handling, speed, to bad about the problems i traded it in for a envoy. When lease is up im heading to the new grands.....and when i sell my 98 moving to an unlimited. Jeep makes a nice product that stands out IMO.....just fix the problems....