Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Acura

image2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Where are the fog lights in the 2014 Acura MDX?

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    se_riouslyse_riously Member Posts: 94
    Hi Donna. This is your 2nd post on the MDX headlights. Any possibility of taking a photo on a dark, open road or against a wall so we can see the beam pattern and cutoff?
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Fog lights are probably THE most misunderstood item of all time. Conditions necessitating fog lights are extremely rare, and would require you to slow to speeds of about 10 mph with the fog lights on, helping you see the lane markings right in front of you as you creep to the nearest safe place to stop. Contrary to popular belief, they don't magically pierce through the rain droplets letting you maintain your normal speed. Worse, having them on when not needed just gives you a pool of light right in front of the car. This won't help you see any further, even though that pool of lights gives you a nice warm feeling, and will actually make your pupils contract, worsening your vision of things beyond your headlight beams. Lastly, everyone who drives around with them on is just producing more glare for all of us. All of the above relates to real, good fog lights by the way, not the cosmetic pieces-of-plastic-with-a-bulb-in-it fog lights that come on over 90% percent of vehicles today. Those are just to tell others that you spent money on a higher trim package, and to increase revenue for the manufacturer.
  • Options
    tlangnesstlangness Member Posts: 123
    @se_riously - I plan on doing this once I get a hold of the MDX, same location and conditions I did it with the ATS.