Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Acura

image2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

The 2014 Acura MDX is a desirable crossover SUV but a weak RTI score suggests it's not much good for real off-road use.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    I forgot all about the ramp! I'm sure those wanting to go off road will get a Jeep (Grand Cherokee) instead of a MDX.
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    Any chance we could see the Tesla, Corvette, Panther, or V12 MB attempt the ramp? It would be fun if as long as you go easy and don't break something.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @hybris: I hate to ruin your fun, but none of the cars you mentioned will even get a wheel on the ramp without practically ripping their front bumpers off. Look at picture #2 of this post, where the lower lip is getting deformed by the ramp. Now, pull up
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    @quadricycle I expected that but really I would love to see any of the other vehicles in the LT attempt the ramp at one point or another.
  • Options
    bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    what was the grand cherokee srt8 score again?
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    I seriously doubt that the engineers and designer thought that an MDX would be used for serious off road driving. With that being said, the SH-AWD is a beast on snow and ice. With the ability to send power from front to back and side to side only one tire needs traction to get the MDX moving. And if it is really stuck turning off the VSA system will default to 50/50 AWD so it can try to dig it's way out.