Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Acura

image2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2014 Acura MDX has the optional Technology package, and it includes some great rain-sensing wipers.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    I've never used auto-sensing, so I can't say for sure, but I'm glad we have the manual wipers on our 13 Pilot. First off, I'm kinda particular about the speed and it'll depend on how good the wipers are (and how old). Sometimes I want it REALLY slow, sometimes faster. I'm sure I could continue to use the manual function... but weren't we just talking about the $800 windshield replacement cost on the CX-5...
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    My wife's Escape has rain sensing wipers. I think they work ok, but she thinks they react too slowly. As far as I know, that function is either on or off.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    chuckie6chuckie6 Member Posts: 15
    First, let's get something straight about this not being a standard option. The MDX really is a $49,000 car. Yes, you can base it out at about $43,000. But if you really want what this car is capable of, you're a fool if you're not getting AWD and Tech. The rain-sensing update is welcome news to me in Detroit. It's often wet here and the rain-sensing wipers on our 2013 Volvo S60 suck; they seems to work at random.
  • Options
    diigiidiigii Member Posts: 156
    The Mazda CX-5 long termer's windshield was replaced at a cost of $700 something. So imagine this "luxury" model to cost double that. No, thanks!!
  • Options
    diigiidiigii Member Posts: 156
    But then again, how heavy is that wiper stalk or how bad is our eyesight that we need rain-sensing wipers?