Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Audi Sport Quattro Debuts Ahead of 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Audi

imageAudi Sport Quattro Debuts Ahead of 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show

The Audi Sport Quattro plug-in hybrid concept is unveiled ahead of the 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    cptmattcptmatt Member Posts: 0
    The original Quattro was one of my dreams cars back in the 80s. I think this new one may also make that list.
  • Options
    iwant12iwant12 Member Posts: 269
    Was hoping for a more bad-[non-permissible content removed] body style, but over all not bad at all.
  • Options
    akula1akula1 Member Posts: 0
    Total let down! Not remotely as interesting as all the original sketches and hype. You'd have to a total die hard to buy this thing at the ridiculous price to put next to your two R8s. Originally they were talking under 3000 lbs, not more than 4k! Not to mention 1 full second slower than a 911 turbo S to 62. What a gyp.
  • Options
    meest00gtmeest00gt Member Posts: 8
    Odd, my math has 552 + 148 = 700, not 690. You might want to check that out...

Other than that, not a bad looking concept.
  • Options
    piredonpiredon Member Posts: 50
    Not a huge fan. Much preferred the previous quattro concept with the turbo 5, 6 speed manual and 2800 lb weight. That was an interesting concept, and would have been quite unique in the marketplace.

This is just an overweight, overpowered pig of a supercar, that is sure to be overpriced as well. Certainly nothing special. Why would I want this over either an RS7 or an R8, when it will probably cost more than both?
  • Options
    themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Welcome back to the 80s
  • Options
    mboilymboily Member Posts: 15
    looks like the old VW corrado
  • Options
    jimvetajimveta Member Posts: 96
    @meest00gt

You can't add power or torque like that for hybrids because peak figures for the two motors come at different RPMs.

That's why the torque figures don't add up either: 516 + 295 = 1,032 lb-ft.. yet official peak figure is 590 lb-ft.

.. The el
  • Options
    travaitravai Member Posts: 14
    Sold!
  • Options
    jimvetajimveta Member Posts: 96
    *edit* from above: ..

That's why the torque figures don't add up either: 516 + 295 = 811 lb-ft.. yet official peak figure is 590 lb-ft