Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Detroit Auto Show: 2015 Acura TLX (FAQ)

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Acura

image2014 Detroit Auto Show: 2015 Acura TLX (FAQ)

The 2015 Acura TLX will replace both the current TL and the TSX when it arrives in dealers this summer.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Whats the MSRP w/ only two headlights?
  • Options
    bdillardbdillard Member Posts: 1
    FUGLY beak again!?!?

No high MPG hybrid like the accord

No folding mirrors

No dual exhaust (not terribly important)

No way. After being a huge fan since my 2G TL and loving the 3G TL and hoping the butt ugly 4G was just a fluke, I'm ready to move on. Too bad Acura played it so poorly.
  • Options
    fortstringfortstring Member Posts: 111
    Whoa. Those specs are actually kind of impressive. That 4 wheel steering, 8 speed dual clutch transmission, and the adjustable suspension on the FWD 4-cylinder models is pretty neat. 9-speed on the V6 is pretty much progress too.

The styling to me is understated/conservative and, although not as cutting edge as I'd like, that's fine.

Overall, I'm somewhat impressed by the specs and would like to learn more about the TLX, once more information becomes available (hp/torque figures, performance/driving impressions, cabin layout/quality, etc).
  • Options
    96089608 Member Posts: 5
    At least the prototype shows a big improvement in appearance over the controversial styling on the current model TL. I really like what I see so far. I have a 2003 TL that have been rock solid in terms of reliability and a good all around comfortable car. I am anxious to see final pricing, mileage, and specs on all three versions. I am ready to strongly consider this as my next car.
  • Options
    Paul3557Paul3557 Member Posts: 2
    I have my 2001 CL that I bought new on March 30, 2000. It still drives well at 153,000 and gets 30mpg HWY. I need to replace it, but had just about written Acura off as an option. If they make a RED color, this is the car to buy. I think, (haven't seen the car in the flesh) that I am even ready to look beyond the ugly beak. Why or why doesn't Acura give up on that? Acura are you listening?