Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Porsche Cayman Gets Price Hike

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2014 Porsche Cayman Gets Price Hike

The 2014 Porsche Cayman, which makes its world debut at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show, will start at $53,550, reflecting a $700 price increase over the outgoing model.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    cardesigner82cardesigner82 Member Posts: 1
    Wow! I didn't realize Porsche wanted so much for this model...perhaps that's why you see very few of them even in a carland such as L.A.
  • Options
    turkleturkle Member Posts: 1
    Edmunds,

I am not sure if the first thing coming to mind about the price increase is if the money can be recouped through better FE. Most of the people buying this car have the finances to weather an increase in fuel prices before considering selling it. The leasers are focused on mileage, not FE. I personally would be worried about tire wear... at least for the back tires.
  • Options
    pngrant54pngrant54 Member Posts: 4
    The Porsche Cayman S being mid engined will probably have better handling then a 911. In addition being over 250 LBS lighter and having only 29 HP less the Cayman S is virtually as quick to 60 MPH and 6 MPH slower in top speed. It's also over 20 grand cheaper than a base 911 Carrera. However it does not have the 2 rear jump seats like the Carerra. I think I can make the sacrifice.
  • Options
    jmarounjmaroun Member Posts: 151
    Finally!!! The Cayman and Boxter are as beautiful as they deserve to be! I actually Like the way the side air vents look now and; I've already configured my dream Blue Cayman S
    on Porsche's US site! Now, for the full reviews! My finger's are crossed that the steering is not messed up because it's either gonna be a 2014 Cayman S or a 911S which should be at around the same price in 6 months.

"Edmunds says: It will be interesting to watch whether better fuel economy numbers on the 2014 Porsche Cayman will help to offset the price increase." ??? Marginal fuel economy improvements are the Least of concerns or interests for this car. THE Big questions are, will the Cayman finally eclipse the 911?? Is this Cayman S better than the current 991 911S and/or 997b 911S??
  • Options
    bestjinjobestjinjo Member Posts: 7
    As the Cayman's exterior starts elegantly blend sportiness and maturity, its performance continues to improve and its interior becomes even more luxurious, soon one has to start asking the question if the Cayman S is making the M3 irrelevant?
  • Options
    jmarounjmaroun Member Posts: 151
    Either a well optioned year old 2014 Cayman S for $60K or a (2009-2011) 997b 911S for $55k? That is the question I'll be contemplating for the next year or so.
  • Options
    alexdialexdi Member Posts: 0
    $54K and about the same power as a Camry. When will they stop holding this car back?