Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Acura NSX To Get Unique Longitudinal, Twin-Turbo V6

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Acura

image2015 Acura NSX To Get Unique Longitudinal, Twin-Turbo V6

Honda is still mum on details, but we now know that the production engine for the 2015 Acura NSX will be a twin-turbo V6 with a unique architecture mounted longitudinally.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    That's pretty large, I can see why it could create packaging issues. I would love to hear some more details on the engine (like weight!), but this will do for now. Can't wait for more.
  • Options
    samster231samster231 Member Posts: 26
    I must not have been paying attention to this previously, as I do not remember this engine being turbocharged previously.

IMO the move to forced induction takes this car to a higher tier and comparisons to a 458 or 12C are not wishful thinking.

For me, it also completely erases the pain of the stillborne NA V-10, front engine NSX that came so close to seeing the light of day.

As one of many well documented, broken hearted, grown up Honda fan boys....Honda you have got my attention back.
  • Options
    horsepwr1horsepwr1 Member Posts: 9
    How long has Honda been teasing this car? Release it and stop talking about it...
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Looks like Honda wants to stop screwing around.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I think comparisons to a 458 or 12C are still wishful thinking. These people have never made a real exotic, and their near-exotic, while nice, was finally abandoned ten years ago after it became outdated. Honda is a well-respected automaker with an engineering reputation, but as the saying goes, wishin' ain't havin'.
  • Options
    recreant24recreant24 Member Posts: 1
    This article has made my day.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    @horsepwr1: They've been teasing it for less time than Toyota teased the GT-86, and a hybrid turbocharged mid-engine supercar is a heckuva lot more complicated than a front-engine, RWD small basic sports car, so I think they're still alright. This has al