Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in BMW

image2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo has a big navigation screen but no backup camera to help see past its considerable haunches.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    bimmerjaybimmerjay Member Posts: 28
    Dan - the $950 Driver Assistance Package only includes the F/R PDC and the rear camera. Driver Assistance Plus has to be added for the side/top cameras, speed limit display (captured from road signs), and the driving assistant which gives you blind spot monitoring, lane keeping assistance and the collision avoidance functions.
  • Options
    iloveyogapantsiloveyogapants Member Posts: 20
    This car SHOULD come with the camera. It should be bundled with both packages. I swear German cars entry prices wouldn't be that bad for most people if their even basic amenities came standard. Their content pricing is highway robbery!!! If big three German Lux companies offered more standard content, they might take over the world!! :)
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Got to love the German's and their option schemes. Porsche is my favorite, I think they take pride in offering options that can add 40% to the base price of the car.
  • Options
    sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Sheesh, even a $21k Kia Soul automatic ! comes with a backup camera.
  • Options
    ocramidajzjocramidajzj Member Posts: 91
    Kinda dumb that they don't have it bundled in the base car considering it's apparent blind spots. At some point aren't RVCs going to be required standard equipment in the US?
  • Options
    nsbio1nsbio1 Member Posts: 75
    The automakers should be held at least in part liable for deaths or injuries that result from drivers backing into someone if no backup camera was not installed on the car, beginning with a given model year. True, the driver should take most of the blame, but the automakers should be liable at least for part of it. A rear camera here might be viewed as equivalent of "objects in mirror are close than they appear" thing, except that it actually serves a purpose to save lives. i
  • Options
    sp1sp1 Member Posts: 1
    It's pretty well known that German lux manufacturers tend to nickle and dime customers on features and options. Not sure why the lack of a standard backup camera is surprising or noteworthy.