Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

Comments

• Options
    rmhpmirmhpmi Member Posts: 37
    Maybe you can have it replaced under warranty? Why wouldn't you be able to?
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    The probability is low that all 3 LED's failed at the same time. I suspect that the issue is that the wiring harness has come unplugged or been cut. I am a dedicated DIY're but with a new car under wrarranty I wouldn't bother with the manual in this case, just take it to the dealer.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    +1 to bankerdanny. I'm betting it is something other than the LEDs at fault here.
  • Options
    unionbusterunionbuster Member Posts: 42
    Yet another reason why Cadillac is not perceived to be a serious competitor to real luxury cars.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    As bankerdanny stated, there is a seriously low chance that the LEDs themselves failed. This is either a wiring problem, or a computer glitch (since approach lighting is controlled by the car's computer).
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    @unionbuster: BMW, Audi, Mercedes and any other 'serious' competitors suffer from these issues too. This is simply an example of the kind of issue that happens with a new model the includes a product that is relatively new to the manufacturer.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    maybe something got disconnected when it was in the body shop and you only noticed it now?
  • Options
    ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    @ desmo: That is entirely possible, since I haven't driven this car in a month or two. -Erin
  • Options
    ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    Or, rather I *hadn't* driven in a month or two until a couple weeks ago.
  • Options
    amaciejewskiamaciejewski Member Posts: 5
    if it were my car I would immediately think to myself: "Buying this car was a mistake"