Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a Long Term Test of the 2013 Cadillac ATS and checks its TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jasond52jasond52 Member Posts: 37
    Helps a lot when you read the TPMS display correctly...
  • Options
    yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    The car's direction on the screen is not optimal. It makes more sense to have the car picture face front towards top. The current design can trick the best of us (e.g. Scott Oldham).
  • Options
    nukedetroitnukedetroit Member Posts: 108
    Interesting that this writer steered away from the obvious "yeah, Scott was a f***ing moron on that last post, huh?" statement.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Jason, what kind of gauge did you compare it to? Dial, digital, pencil, etc.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    "The best of us" - really? really?

I may not have put it as eloquently as nukedetroit, but yeah, nice try to pretend this didn't happen Josh!
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    It also means you know how to read the TPMS better than poor Scott. I don't think he's taken a beating in the blogs like that one--ever!
  • Options
    arcticbluetsxarcticbluetsx Member Posts: 79
    I have a really old, metal, dial tire gauge. It is Sears' brand. It matches the pressure that the TPMS reports in my TSX EXACTLY, and I don't let it out of my sight. The single most important tool that I own.
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    You want bothers me from all this? You guys took down the original post just because the community grilled a editor. This isn't facebook and you guys are not teenagers getting bullied so I don't see the reason to take down the original post.//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Also I feel safe in saying that while we the commentators/community of the LT Blog may grumble about the website, some of the choices you have made, and just about everything you guys put up here in one form or another we still actually love you guys (Save the odd Troll or two) and your work hence why we stick around. And for good measure: WALL OF TEXT NEEDS TO BE FIXED!
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    OMG - they deleted the original post where Scott Oldham didn't know how to read the TPMS display and thought there was something wrong with it, and we all posted like 28 comments spread over 3 pages. Being a goof and not being able to take criticism for BEING a goof. Terrible combination.
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    wow. the post WAS deleted. i thought you might but didn't think you would.

deleting stuff like it never happened is pretty pansy stuff if you ask me. i actually was respecting the fact that you could say, "yeah, had a brain fart, but hey, i am not ashamed."

it's like doing something stupid in front of all your guy friends (we have all done it) and then taking the ribbing for years. grin and bear it is the only way to deal with it. but to deny it ever happened or try to erase the memory? makes you want to throw it in their face even more.

never let it die!
  • Options
    dang, you finally generate traffic on the site then kill the blog post. c'mon, we all fluck up now and then, it was pretty funny. put it back.
    just consider it a missed shift gear grind. I came back to the comments on this one, figuring there would be some additional entertainment.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    What's the point of deleting the post when all of the regular commenters have already seen it? It just gives us more opportunity to ridicule Oldham?
  • Options
    Oh... oh. Guys, I think it's happening again, my palm is slowly inching towards my face...
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Ever look at the Edmunds employment opportunities? They build it up as such a great place to work, wonderful co-workers, great location, place to build a career...but it's also apparently a place where you have to participate in officially expunging the record of your boss's screw-ups, pretend it didn't happen, maybe provide a little cover, etc. The usual corporate superiors suck-up. Plus all of the born-on-third-base stuff - his name-dropping, bragging about his rich buddies, so on. Yeah, thanks...no, thanks ;- ).
  • Options
    cobrysoncobryson Member Posts: 110
    While I'm clueless as to the post deletion-I don't think anyone was truly hating on Scott for his screwup, just giving him a hard time-I will stand up for Mr. Oldham. I sent him a length email back when InsideLine shuttered and the format transition happened, questioning their decisions and suggesting lots of ideas for improvement. Scott didn't respond-he called me personally, at ~7PM his time, and we had a lengthy discussion about things that were out of his control. Corporate directives had led them to attempt to unify the site back under the Edmunds moniker, and while he acknlowedged they may be taking a step back aesthetically, it was a decision that was made well above his head. It was clear that this was an issue that truly bothered him, and he really cared to hear my suggestions and concerns. Seems like he's been the recipient of a lot of reader ill will lately, but at the end of the day I'm sure he's a nice guy who doesn't quite deserve all the crap. All that said, a little more transparency and honesty goes a long way guys...just saying.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Ahh, the dead hand of corporate America strikes again. Rule1: We, The Corporate are always correct. Rule2: in the event of us being wrong, refer to Rule#1 and erase all evidence. With that as the norm for integrity are we surprised at the pace our society is being flushed down the pan?
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I will second cobryson: I've met and talked with Scott and he truly cares about the readers here. Great guy and he knows what this kind of community means.
  • Options
    jasond52jasond52 Member Posts: 37
    Pretty crappy they deleted the original post. That one goof-up (we've all done something similarly silly) by the boss man generated more comments than any other blog entry since they screwed up this site. Should of kept it...might have brought more people around this internet ghost town.

Just a matter of time before this one is deleted also I suppose...
  • Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    Yes, I agree with yellowbal, the TPMS display is not foolproof!
  • Options
    Edmunds deleting the original posting reminds me of that Chris Crocker video on youtube. The one where he is crying defending Britney Spears.
    Just replace 'Britney' with 'Scott'
  • Options
    p.s Jason, would you drive a car 100 miles that you thought was 6psi low in two of the tires? That is also what Scott did.

So it wasn't just the mis reading of the pictogram, but also then the Executive Decision to roll on down the road, possibly endangering others.
  • Options
    banditonebanditone Member Posts: 0
    Guys,

It's Scott Oldham. Really it is. We took the post down after you pointed out that I'm an idiot (which I am) not because I'm sensitive. Trust me, I'm way past that.

We took it down because it was wrong. And others that read it may not realize it is wrong. We're not in the business of spreading incorrect information. And we cannot make the assumption that everyone that reads the update reads the comments.

I regret the mistake. And I appreciate your enthusiasm. Although the design of that TPMS readout is questionable, it was my mistake. I said the car was broken when it was not. Once we realized that mistake, taking it down was the only responsible option.

I hope you can understand that.

Now, please continue with the finger pointing and the name calling.

Best,
    Scott
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    Well Mr.Oldham I accept your apology and hopefully we can get past this. /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////Also @cobryson Your post alone has included more information about the redesign then anything I read in the months since the switch. Its nice to hear that (if everything you said is true) it was the over riding decision of higher ups who likely don't see the site or community much that forced this redesign on us.
  • Options
    Dammit Scott, you ruined my fun.
    ;)

Akshully the mea culpa is cool of you. But I think it would have been better if the error was explained in an actual long term entry than buried in post responses.

All ribbing aside, do you really think it's ok to drive 100 miles thinking that you may have been 6psi low on a couple of the tires?
  • Options
    @banditone: Oh we're not pointing fingers at anyone else, all eyes are on you =DYou should have said something so we had more context in order to find more things to rib you about!
  • Options
    cobrysoncobryson Member Posts: 110
    @hybris It is true, even if it is a bit hard to believe. I was rather shocked he called me after my email. I haven't shared the information beforehand because I felt like it was something he might not want shared. After seeing him take some personal at
  • Options
    I also think Edmunds would get more traffic on the long term blogs if "What's Hot" was better known. Just having that link low on the Edmunds page (or from the 'Car Research' dropdown) isn't exactly a good way of gaining (new) interest. Long Term Road Tests or some other more relevant name might help.
  • Options
    itbeatswalkinitbeatswalkin Member Posts: 0
    This is soooo, pathetic.
    1. Some of you are really bored and need to find a second job. 28 posts over this BS? c'mon people.
    2. For those of you crying over driving 100 miles with a tire 6 psi below recommended tire pressure, guess what would happen in the days before TPMS? People did this all the time, often for days or week on end. I agree, its not optimal, but damn, when did people become such.......sensitive ninnies? I bet half the public is out there driving like this if not worse right now.
    3. Scott should have left the post up, but I can see why he took it down. Apparently some of you keyboard gangstas are incapable of letting a mistake be a mistake. Can't wait for you to move outta mommy's house and make your first mistake.

ANYWAY,
    All I really want to know is, will there ever be another update for the ATS? I mean damn, its' been over two weeks!
  • Options
    itbeatswalkinitbeatswalkin Member Posts: 0
    Over 3 weeks!
    Apparently this cars has gone the way of the 2010 Traverse....