Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

After taking a road trip to Monterey in our long-term 2013 Cadillac ATS, I'm convinced it's not quite up to par in the entry-level luxury sedan class.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Have you guys dealt with the door handle that isn't lighting up yet?
  • Options
    ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    Not yet. I noticed the door handle right before I went on this trip. -Erin
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Insufficient sidewall.
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    and that is what makes a bmw a bmw. those hard to measure attributes. steering feel, engine smoothness/sound, sense of speed...

cadillac can benchmark the stats of bmw in size, weight, performance, etc... but they don't have the same intangibles.

apparently bmw is focusing less on the intangibles as well, but they are still leading. just took my wife's e90 out after installing new lighter wheels and front control arms and fresh alignment. even at 120k miles the car drives like a dream and the n52 inline-six is one of the great bmw engines...
  • Options
    jlh3jlh3 Member Posts: 14
    Of course this car is not perfect. But it is very good. I took one on a test drive. I Have also test driven the previous generation of BMW 328s a few times. This ATS is good. The power is there, but I would agree the engine can sound better. It should get even better if/when GM adds an 8-speed transmission to the powertrain.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    @s197gt: This isn't exactly some kind of BMW Voodoo. You can easily see the BMW engine's better refinement and calibration simply by looking at IL's comparison dyno tests. The BMW has a smooth torque curve whereas the Cadillac keeps pulling timing, blunti