Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

When it's this easy check, there's no excuse to drive around with incorrect tire pressures. Our 2013 Cadillac ATS shows each tire's air pressure individually.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    This is why you don't count on TPMS.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    "Don't get me started on all the reasons this bugs me."

That pressures are set wrong?

or

That 32-35 psi is generally what manufacturers set their recommended pressures?
  • kevm14kevm14 Member Posts: 423
    My 05 CTS-V has a readout for all 4 tires, as well. Although based on my experience with cars from that time frame, not many did that.

Anyway, my TPMS reads within 0.5psi of my fancy dial tire pressure gauge. But I know all systems are not accurate.
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    Wow, I can't believe that after deleting the last post about the Caddilac's TPMS system and the fiasco that followed, Edmunds.com editors talk about it again as if nothing happened...
  • flunderflunder Member Posts: 9
    They should really rotate the image CCW by 90 Deg. This reminds me of the O'neal taco commercials.
  • jasond52jasond52 Member Posts: 37
    Wow, that left rear is only 30 PSI. (heh heh heh)
    Well, the reading comprehension problem the last time wasn't Chris Walton's - it was Scott Oldham's. Thing that gets me, though, is that even after the car showed that it was having issues maintaining tire pressures, no one decided to have a tire shop look at it to see what was up. That's what an actual owner would do, so that's what the LT fleet manager should do. And I seem to remember Edmunds telling us awhile back that these cars are cleaned and have fluid levels and tire pressures checked every WEEK - ? Right...that's obviously not happening. Can Chris comment on this, since he says he's coming back to update us on the handling characteristics - ?
  • cwalton1cwalton1 Member Posts: 3
    The TPMS was spot-on (within 0.5 psi) in terms of reporting tire-pressure specs. I set them to the correct cold pressures, and all is well. The peculiar behavior went away and now we know how sensitive the ATS is to tire pressures, even within the allowable limits before TPMS would throw a warning up. My "Don't get me started..." comment has to do with the amount of time it takes to check, fill, recheck tires on as many as 8 cars (32 tires) on a busy test day. I know, its my job (which I love), but it's clear that somebody had precisely set the test-car's tire pressures, BUT to the wrong spec before we received the car. ~Chris
    Well, obviously he's not going to get into how it got this far out of whack in the first place.