Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Gets 49 MPG in City Driving

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Honda

image2014 Honda Accord Hybrid Gets 49 MPG in City Driving

The 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid gets an estimated 49 mpg in city driving, according to American Honda Motor Co.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    Why is this a fight between Honda and Toyota, when the Fusion gets an EPA estimated 47/47 HWY/City. Anita Lienert; just because both Camry and Accord are Japanese, doesn't make the Camry hybrid it's chief rival.
  • Options
    se_riouslyse_riously Member Posts: 94
    I hope those #'s can really be achieved, especially after the disappointing real world #'s of the C-Max, Fusion Hybrid, and Sonata Hybrid.
  • Options
    skw0123skw0123 Member Posts: 33
    The Accord is a more refined car than the Camry and the hybrid technology looks to be more advanced. I expect it will also be much more interesting to drive, if early reports are correct. Given all that, I don't think Honda needs to undercut Toyota on price.
  • Options
    jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    Thank goodness it's not horrendously ugly like the plug-in version. The new Accords always catch my eye on the road for their conservative, graceful styling. And a couple mpg better than Ford and Toyota. I predict Accord Hybrid will finally catch on with buyers.
  • Options
    financeman2financeman2 Member Posts: 5
    Who can predict anything until its been driven....and there is real life experience regarding the fuel mileage. By now everyone knows about Ford's "optimism" regarding the Fusion's mileage. Nobody wants to spend a bunch of extra money for a slow clunky drive train that trails expectations by 10 mpg. Perhaps the Honda will be good.
  • Options
    shantanuthakurshantanuthakur Member Posts: 4
    Terrific achievement by Honda. I am partial to Toyota, but I would definitely give this consideration, especially with the improved styling. Hopefully it will also handle well in the snow.
  • Options
    fortstringfortstring Member Posts: 111
    "the Fusion gets an EPA estimated 47/47 HWY/City"
    Yeah, except that everyone here except for you knows that the Fusion Hybrid achieves nowhere near that inflated figure in real world driving. Furthermore, Japanese makes have historically erred on understating their mileage claims. Ford & Hyundai's estimates are laughable; some have even backfired in class action lawsuits. But let's not let that get in the way of a good story.