Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Gets Tweaked With Eye to Improved Fuel Efficiency

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Malibu Gets Tweaked With Eye to Improved Fuel Efficiency

The mildly revised 2014 Chevrolet Malibu gets a standard 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with new intake valve technology and stop-start technology with an eye to improved fuel economy.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Why no pictures to show us the new front end? Shame that they only restyled the front. That part didn't need help. The rear, on the other hand, remains poorly styled.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Don't give me a thumbs down, the pictures were posted after I asked for them.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    GM were always going to be behind the drag curve on gas mileage because this car is so damned heavy for its size. Pretty much every GM car wears 300-400lbs of lard compared with everything else in the same class. Weight is the killer when it comes to mileage, especially in the EPA city cycle where so much acceleration is required.
  • Options
    nukedetroitnukedetroit Member Posts: 108
    This isn't even "mildly" revised, and definitely unworthy of all the hype surrounding GM's desperate MCE. Coupled with the thoroughly uninspiring 2014 trucks, and you have to suspect the General blew its entire wad on the ATS and then took a nap.
  • Options
    themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Both the Impala and the Malibu will continue to get crushed by the Camry.
  • Options
    hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Interesting cupholder and cell phone holder placement. Kinda neat to have them separated for driver and passenger. Don't know how well it would work in real life though.
  • Options
    zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    While I like the current Malibu, the dash design and the cartoon sized "bowties" leave me cold. I'm not fiond of the rectangularized guage pods in this, or the Camaro. That combined with the siver finish trim just looks cheap. That said, the front end refresh is nice and sharpens the exterior styling, but that huge-[non-permissible content removed] gold bowtie needs to go!