Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Volvo XC90 Interior Revealed

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volvo

image2015 Volvo XC90 Interior Revealed

The all-new interior of the 2015 Volvo XC90 was revealed on Tuesday.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    piredonpiredon Member Posts: 50
    Very nice. Not overly fussy, but looks to be made of very high quality materials in an elegant layout. Vast improvement over the current 10-years-old-but-still-being-sold-as-new design. And thankfully, no floating screen stuck on the top of the dash. I do wish they'd managed to port the floating center stack over, as it is the perfect purse stash. It also look like they've adopted the BMW-style joystick shifter that somehow manages to make shifting into reverse (and especially neutral) a confusing process.
  • Options
    500rwhp500rwhp Member Posts: 99
    Best looking interior in its class.
  • Options
    shellzshellz Member Posts: 51
    Wow. It looks slightly amazing. Not that I ever used them, but my Ocean Racer had dual booster seats in the second row. Hopefully families will be fine with just one in this iteration. Speaking of not using booster seats, I'd appreciate an optional third-row versus standard equipment.

I know the pop-up nav wasn't the best in the world, but I used to think it was neat!
  • Options
    hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    This interior has MUCH win. Very classy and high quality looking without being gaudy or over-simplistic.
  • Options
    dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    Looks nice, but looks almost too sleek and too refined, almost to the point of stirring no emotions. Reminds me of the previous generation S-Class where it was exquisitely simple, but didn't make one look forward to getting in the car.
  • Options
    sp1sp1 Member Posts: 1
    "The centerpiece of the redesigned interior is a tablet-like touchscreen control console that is "virtually button free," the automaker said." Just what a car needs -- for a driver to take his eyes off the road in order to make stereo, temperature, etc. adjustments. Voice control commands are still clunky with most cars, forcing one to memorize all of the options. Even then, other family members who borrow the car on occasion will be unfamiliar with the voice commands as well.