Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Feds Probe 2009 Mazda 6 After Complaints of Doors Failing to Latch

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

imageFeds Probe 2009 Mazda 6 After Complaints of Doors Failing to Latch

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is investigating an estimated 39,000 2009 Mazda 6 sedans after complaints about the doors failing to latch.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jamiesouderjamiesouder Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I went to get into my car this morning and realized my battery was dead. After further investigation I realized my drivers side door was not closed properly. Upon looking into the issue in detail, it is noticed that all three screws that keep the door closed on the latching system are GONE!!! I did some investigation work online and found your article.

At this point the car is not drivable as the door will not close. How do I report this to Mazda to be counted towards the number of consumers affected by this dangerous malfunction?
  • Options
    budlitebudlite Member Posts: 1
    We have a 2013 Mazda 6 and are having a problem, it is the passenger door. On a recent trip my wife was having problems with the door, most times it would close however the odd time we could hear the wind and sure enought it was slightly open. We are headed to the dealership on monday to have them look at it.