Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Details of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Leaked Ahead of Detroit Debut

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

imageDetails of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Leaked Ahead of Detroit Debut

Leaked technical drawings appear to show details of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    chugcatsts01chugcatsts01 Member Posts: 4
    It will be different and yet carry over the basic Corvette lines. I have a 2009 that I bought in 2010, my 2005 was purchased late in 2006. Unless your a Corvette freak 99% of the public could not tell them apart. I sold my 05 for $2,000.00 less than I paid for it [to a dealer]. Try that with any other car, period. But the difference in performance between the LS2 in the 05 and the LS3 in the 09 is staggering. I will take it to Gainville this winter like I do with all the Corvettes I have owned, this is number 4. My 68 was a 390 HP 427 w/wide ratio 4-spd Convertible w/.390 rear. Yes it was fast 12.9et @102 1/4mile. The 87 Convertible had the only engine that was available a 350ci automatic. It ran 12.5 @105. The difference was traction, tires, limited slip rear,and wieght 'lighter'. The 05 LS2 w/400hp 400ft pd,s 2.70 rear but 6 speed auto ran 12.5 @ 109mph. The published 0 to 60 was in 5.6 sec. The published 0 to 60 on the 09 is 4.3, I believe it. The 2014 will have the new LT1 450 hp @ I think 450 ft lb. It should be a monster with that standard engine, it still looks like the LS series but us old timers who recognize LT1 from the old days. But with direct injection the difference will be huge. I was a CUMMINS DIESEL engine dealer for 35 years, new huh. All CUMMINS have had direct injection since the started making them MACK, CAT, INTERNATIOAL almost all smaller diesels used precumbustion chambers. The CUMMINS was always louder but always had more hp per ci. Direct injection gives you cool fuel at high injection pressures and you can calibrate the individual cyllinders, thus no smoke and some fuel 'knock'. I cant wait. There will be alot of C 6 series being traded in, the question is the price.
  • Options
    shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    Many cars beat the Corvette in resale value Chief. Even cars like the Civic that are usually beat on by young males. Meanwhile the Corvette is generally babied by old and bald men that do not put many miles on it.
  • Options
    ghenry0007ghenry0007 Member Posts: 2
    "Love it or hate it territory"; it's gonna take some growing on me. A lot of growing, as a matter of fact. It looks like Darth Vader's helmet.
  • Options
    viss1viss1 Member Posts: 1
    That dash reminds me a LOT of the C4's.