Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Vehicles Last Longest, Automaker Claims

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Honda

imageHonda Vehicles Last Longest, Automaker Claims

Honda is claiming the title of the number one brand in its class for product longevity. | January 13, 2014 | American Honda Motor Company

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• piredonpiredon Member Posts: 50
    Lies, damn lies, and statistics! The suggestion of the headline is that 75% of 25 year old Hondas are still on the road. The reality is 75% of ALL Hondas sold in the last 25 years are still on the road, including those sold in 2012. If car sales are increasing over that period, newer cars will outweigh older cars in the overall pool, and newer cars are obviously more likely to be on the road. An automaker who is not growing to the extent Honda is over the included period would not have this advantage.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    The lion share of modern vehicles are extremely durable when they are operated within the limits of their design & maintained regularly.
    I live in a region where there can be salt on the roadways for six months. That is the number one reason for shortened service. It is not unreasonable to expect a vehicle to be in service for 250K or more if salt is not in the equation. I've owned a couple of hondas. They have a habit of lasting a long time. Live in Arizona or SoCal, you could drive the same car for 20 years.
    Mileage isn't the primary consideration in the Northeast, it's the time that kills our cars. Driving through salt water 1/2 the time is deadly.
  • slappiecappieslappiecappie Member Posts: 4
    I STILL see old accords on the road and marvel how my Fit has about as much interior room (but more cargo-carrying capacity).