Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

10 Best Corvettes of All Time

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

image10 Best Corvettes of All Time

There have been many Corvettes over the past 60 years and not all of them were great. Here's our take on the 10 best Corvettes of all time.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    zr1manzr1man Member Posts: 19
    I love Vettes. I think the only thing I would change in this list is to rate the C6 ZR1 as the #1 all time Best Corvette. I should know, I own a 2010 ZR1. It's a great car.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    I'll echo what everyone said and say that this site layout is something of a disaster. And why does it take so many clicks to get to the comments?

But enough with the bitching. I'm surprised that some of the earlier corvettes were chosen since the legend didn't really begin until the second gen.

And the C6 ZR1 should definitely be #1. I'm not sure if GM has the resources to do something like it again (which would make it the best Corvette ever in my books), but the car's performance was on another planet when it debuted and it's still kicking [non-permissible content removed] and taking names. Truly world class.
  • Options
    rope2_rope2_ Member Posts: 7
    How can you mention the 1984 as one of the top 10 ... The c6 is 100% better then the C-4,,,, and so are alot of others... I can not understand how you came up with that...
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    All that mattered to me was that the '63 was on the list. I scrolled and scrolled and scrolled, righteous anger bubbling up inside, ready to be unleashed in the comments, until I saw it was in its rightful 1st place. The '63 split window was one of the greatest cars of all time, not just greatest 'Vette.
  • Options
    ford_hondaford_honda Member Posts: 9
    The top 10 Corvettes is an opinion, but placing the 1953 Corvette on this list is the same as saying "Leonard Part 6" is one of the 10 best movies. Even devoted Corvette fans like myself do not like the 1953 Corvette which was overweight and underpowered. Furthermore, why is the 1957 Fuelie Corvette so low? How could you rank it below the 1984 Corvette? I think the C4 Corvette is one the best looking and this is controversial, but to rank the classic 1957 fuelie Corvette below the 1984 Corvette is clear the writer does not know a Chevy 327 small block from a Ford 351 engine block.
  • Options
    g8gt364g8gt364 Member Posts: 1
    I think the C6 Z06 should be on this list. With a capable driver its just as fast as a ZR1 around a track and that LS7 is a badass motor.
  • Options
    drivinrtdrivinrt Member Posts: 5
    I love the C4 Corvette. The C5 is nicer overall. The C6 Z06 is even better. Cant wait 'til 1/13/13 for the C7!
  • Options
    OldvetOldvet Member Posts: 1
    I do own a 63 split. Correct me if I'm wrong. Not one car was delivered with knock offs. You could order them however due to production problems none where ever supplied on a 63.

• Options
    VettedVetted Member Posts: 2
    My list would be (1) 94-96 C4 (2) Any year C6 (3) 65-67 C2 (4) Early C3 (5) Any L88 (6) Any Grand Sport