Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What Should I Buy? Comfortable Full-Size Sedans Under $40,000

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

Comments

• Options
    gofortheneckgofortheneck Member Posts: 42
    Thank you, edmunds.com, for finally making interior noise a central issue in a car review.

Yes, of course, I want a spirited-handling, gas-sipping sexy beast of a vehicle.

But I also want it to be quiet.
  • Options
    cromagnum_mancromagnum_man Member Posts: 54
    I would also consider the Avalon if I was shopping this segment. I prefer the styling of the Avalon to the ES.
  • Options
    lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    Didn't think I would be a fan of the new Impala until saw it in person, and took at for a test run. It's very well executed, I just wish GM made the 8 spd available for the 2014 model year end. Overall it's a solid car, with a really nice quiet interior. No point on paying top end for it's badge mate the XTS, when this V6 Impala delivers everything for around 35K nicely loaded. Don't like the look of the ES, but I can't deny the overall fit and finish and even the performance of the Lexus. The 300, though redesigned just a few years ago, is starting to show it's age.
  • Options
    metalmaniametalmania Member Posts: 167
    I like the new Impala, but is it just me or is that one of the ugliest steering wheels currently offered in a car?
  • Options
    tacomamudpittacomamudpit Member Posts: 65
    Interesting article - I will say you throw in a couple options on the Lexus and you're over $40K territory easily (Because the price noted in article is "starting price") and Lexus cars come loaded not stripped versions! Just say'in....!
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    At that price level you can get an SHO.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert