Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Top 10 Vehicles for Moms Who Hate Minivans

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in General

imageTop 10 Vehicles for Moms Who Hate Minivans

Are you a mom who dreads the leap into minivan territory? For Mother's Day, these 10 minivan alternatives offer family practicality without the stigma.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    This article has everything, BUT it's missing the car for the empty nester moms. There isn't a single droptop or coupe on this list ;)
  • Options
    gobryngogobryngo Member Posts: 7
    Well, the story IS about cars to replace a minivan. Not sure a coupe or convertible is a good choice there.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Kia Optima?

How is that a viable alternative for a minivan (assuming you actually need the space of a minivan)?
  • Options
    cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    None of these are really viable minivan alternatives for anyone who places practicality ahead of their own silly self image.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    "Too generically suburban" That's funny, because I don't think CUVs are any different in that regard and they seem to be the leading vehicle of choice for moms. The CX-5 and CR-V screams soccer-mom.
  • Options
    tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    The only 2 vehicles on this list that could be considered actual alternatives to a minivan are the Flex and the Acadia. Everything else only seats 4, 5 at best. If you don't need more than 4 seats your choices are almost endless.
  • Options
    serezhkinserezhkin Member Posts: 32
    Not a single family car for car enthusiast on this list. And what is Optima doing here?
  • Options
    marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96
    What about mid-sized wagons? SMH! That said, I have an E63 AMG wagon. With the factory 3rd row seats so it seats _7_. Our family is very happy with it (we have two kids) and my wife says every time there's a field trip, the kids argue who gets to go in the AMG.