Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Volkswagen Beetle Turbo Track Retest

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2012 Volkswagen Beetle Turbo Track Retest

We test a new set of shoes on our long-term 2012 Volkswagen Beetle Turbo to see if it improves the performance or just makes it noisy.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    Still faster than the Focus ST. Interesting.
  • Options
    rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    Still faster than the Focus ST. Interesting.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    And the prior results for comparison are where? IL has gotten an order of magnitude worse since the format change.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    And the prior results for comparison are where? IL has gotten an order of magnitude worse since the format change.
  • Options
    socal_ericsocal_eric Member Posts: 189
    Without having to dig up the old article and open a new window and try to do a side-by-side comparison, how about a summary of the differences between the two different tire/wheel combos?
  • Options
    socal_ericsocal_eric Member Posts: 189
    Oops, already been asked. Guess that's my fault since you can't see comments by default without having to first click a button that's only shown at the top of the article, counterintuitive to where you'd expect it and not near the empty comment field that you can type in.
  • Options
    lost_in_txlost_in_tx Member Posts: 0
    If the point is to see if the new stuff made a difference, wouldn't you want to show the old and new results side by side, or draw some sort of conclusion, or something? I'm confused.
  • Options
    lost_in_txlost_in_tx Member Posts: 0
    +1 socal_eric

"Oops, already been asked. Guess that's my fault since you can't see comments by default without having to first click a button that's only shown at the top of the article..."
  • Options
    garrymgarrym Member Posts: 27
    I have to agree with some of the others, the writer failed to provide results from the previous testing and the point of the article was to compare the new tires and wheels. So...?

Usually revisions to web sites make the web site better, more user friendly. What is going on at Edmunds?
  • Options
    tardis99tardis99 Member Posts: 1
    So you guys swapped out a set of crappy all-season tires for a set of fairly decent all-season tires? What difference were you expecting? A better comparison would have been a swap to summer tires. Seems like a wasted experiment to me.