Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 BMW 320i: Track Tested

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in BMW

image2013 BMW 320i: Track Tested

Track testing the 2013 BMW 320i.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    robs249_robs249_ Member Posts: 42
    As much as I've always loved the 3series, I can't see paying the premium for a base 320i over the '14 Mazda3 S Grand Touring. The 328i should really start at this price point.
  • Options
    pommahpommah Member Posts: 71
    The 1-series is now what the 3-series used to be, the 3-series is what the 5-series used to be, and so on.
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    usually bmw has great wheel design; especially for the sport package. those wheels do nothing for me.
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    oh... i hope you guys dyno'd that car.
  • Options
    rwatsonrwatson Member Posts: 144
    pommah, that's exactly what I said all along. I wonder if the base1 still has the straight-6? If so, that's the BMW to get, I think. I really consider the 1 series to be the old 2002 with a lot more power.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    @rwatson: You can get the BMW 135i with the turbocharged 6. The base model 128i still has the naturally aspirated 6. Either of these cars are great (minus space issues in the back... too bad we don't get the hatch); in Michigan I've been seeing enthusiast
  • Options
    jadisjadis Member Posts: 1
    As usual crappy editing by Edmunds. Those tires are NOT all season. If you are going to post details, get them right, or don't post them.
  • Options
    cotakcotak Member Posts: 89
    @rwatson @duck87
    The 320i is just surprising to Americans cause you guys didn't get the 323i previously. That car's basically the 320i but without the turbo, the 0-60 times are basically the same. It's the stripper volume model BMW sells to people who wan
  • Options
    lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    This makes the ATS 2.5 liter look like a race car. This 320i will be for those that just want the badge and that's it.
  • Options
    fortstringfortstring Member Posts: 111
    "$33,475"???

For that price, I'd much rather have the Volvo S60 T5 AWD or Infiniti G37 Journey. This value thing (or lack thereof) is getting a bit absurd with BMW.
  • Options
    lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    @cotak- You're in North America, thus you're also an "American"
    Pertaining to your other comment however; you're right, people in the U.S. are a bit spoiled and want performance and options for a solid price or they just won't consider the vehi
  • Options
    gmanzx3gmanzx3 Member Posts: 37
    Looked at purchasing one of these and was very underwhelmed. Had a 2011 328i and was spoiled. The new 320i was slow...coarse...loud...and unbelievably cheap inside in comparison. Light steering and a sloppy ride drove me away. Shopped the competition and the S60 and TSX both were better vehicles for me (in the low $30k price range). The 320i was nearly $40k with leather/roof/cold wx!!! The S60 (with incentives) was nearly $7k less...and it blew it away. The TSX was $10k less! I ended up with the TSX...while not perfect...definitely the best bang for the buck.
  • Options
    shoesus28shoesus28 Member Posts: 8
    Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

( http://www.shoes2.us// )

Believe you will love it.

We accept any form of payment.

http://www.shoes2.us/Michael-Kors-Handbags-n2447/
  • Options
    financeman2financeman2 Member Posts: 5
    $35,000 for a stripped down daily driver is crazy...especially given other choices for the same price or less. That said, I sure the BMW drives well. Still its very fairly unexceptional in a very competitive marketplace. It the BMW badge is important to an owner/driver, this might be an appealing option. For almost the same price, you can get a basic, but dramatically more powerful and vastly better equipped Infiniti Q50.
  • Options
    shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    As much as I've always loved the 3series, I can't see paying the premium for a base 320i over the '14 Mazda3 S Grand Touring. The 328i should really start at this price point.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    You may be the only person to have ever compared and cross shopped those 2 cars.
    A Mazda 3 and a Honda Civic are closer competition.
  • Options
    cbrandi_cbrandi_ Member Posts: 40
    I'd rather have a Focus ST and pocket the extra money. BMW has become a mass market producer of cars for the masses. Pretension is still here but sporting is not. These are cars for those who cruise the suburbs and shopping malls, not winding mountain roads.
  • Options
    Tony7617Tony7617 Member Posts: 1
    Or u can shop smart and not get a brand new base model i got one with the sport package navigation the suspension upgrade and i paid all of 18k sure came with 60k kms but it runs like new sounds amazing handles better then any car ive driven and 7seconds 0-60 for 180 hp is very respectable and u can get just about as much power as a 328 by simply tuning the 320i which costs less then the upgrade to the 328 which no doubt does the same as the 320 and charges every extra add on so in the world of bmw its a fair price for what u get