Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray Z51 vs. 2009 Chevy Corvette Z51: Track Tested

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray Z51 vs. 2009 Chevy Corvette Z51: Track Tested

How much better is the new C7 Corvette? Find out in our latest track test: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray Z51 vs. 2009 Chevy Corvette Z51.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• akula1akula1 Member Posts: 0
    How many braking runs did you guys manage to get 93 feet? Other sites are showing around 104 feet which seems more believable. Did they run a better brake compound in Detroit for you guys?
  • ryandigiryandigi Member Posts: 5
    Lots of people trashing the front end of the new car saying it does not look aggressive enough, and they have a right to their opinion, but after looking at the 09 front end next to the 14 I would say it is a great improvement and really ages the 09 significantly.
  • shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    The new one is uglier from every angle...
  • joefrompajoefrompa Member Posts: 64
    So the acceleration numbers are about what I would expect, but way to go chevy on those braking and slalom number improvements!

Those are HUGE improvements in a single generation. I'm sure alot of it is tires as Michelin has released some out of this world street tires in the last few years, but the car's got to take advantage of the stick.

The c6 really upped the corvette's game, but man the C7 base model is really the first "everyman's supercar" I've seen. Good fuel economy, low maintenance costs, approachable entrance price.

Wow, I'm actually going to have to go test drive a corvette at a showroom. Never said that before.

P.s. Where else is this engine going to appear?