Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 Dyno Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 Dyno Test

Edmunds.com conducts a Dyno Test of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    If we use the usual 15% for driveline losses, that makes 483hp at the flywheel. Seems the motor is slightly underrated even on 91 octane. Good job, GM.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    I hope you had time to do a suspension walk around while you had the car on loan. That torque curve looks great.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Great job. Looks like it's making at least what it's rated to make...and on 91 octane at that. Addition of VVT and DI makes a huge difference in comparison to the LS3.
  • isaaclisaacl Member Posts: 7
    noburgers, there was already a suspension walkaround done, you can find it in the older posts. it was fascinating. I for one was stunned that Aerogel was used for cooling underneath.
  • redgeminiparedgeminipa Member Posts: 74
    Instead of always bitching and moaning about California's low 91 octane, why doesn't Edmunds consider moving to a neighboring state? You know, one with lower taxes, prices and better fuels? The entire USA doesn't live in congested, grotesquely expensive California. I'm sure the whole staff would save enough in taxes alone to justify moving out of state.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    That's a sexy dyno graph.
  • spdracerut_spdracerut_ Member Posts: 19
    First off, that's a heck of an engine. Very impressive torque curve.

@redgeminipa, it's simple economic forces at work here. Supply, demand, and cost curves. High demand, low supply = high cost.

I personally love living out here in LA. And I've lived in Florida, Texas, Michigan, and spent vacations traveling through and spending time in about another 30 states. I'll take LA thank you very much; the benefits outweight the costs, hence the high 'demand' and high 'costs'.
  • lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    Impressive. I like the GT500, but I would take this or a Boss 302.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    The Gt500 wins on the dyno va this base Vette. But what are its numbers on the drag strip, slalom, braking, skid pad, road course?

Winning where the car is not actually moving, and moving is the point of a car, is sort of hollow..

@ridgeminipa, why do you think it is cheaper to live where you are than CA? Supply and demand...
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    Does the engine connect to a vacuum cleaner? Cuz this Vette sucks more than ever!!! How many of you guys are buying one??? Nobody can afford one? Hmmm...
  • threxxthrexx Member Posts: 42
    @redgeminipa
    I don't care where their offices are, but in tests like this where every last horsepower is scrutinized, maybe they should get some 93 octane imported to their test track or buy some octane boosters for their own gasoline.

They'd only need t
  • yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    @threxx, it takes awhile for the computer to optimize to higher octane. Knock sensors will quickly retard timing but restoring power is a slow and cautious process.
  • spdracerut_spdracerut_ Member Posts: 19
    To those who downgraded my previous comment, I'm going to guess it's in regards to living in LA because the LT1 engine certainly does not suck.

I challenge you guys though, how many of you actually live here in LA? Let me tell you, my bicycle ride after work today with it 70 degrees out next to the ocean with the sun starting to set really sucked. Playing beach volleyball after work tomorrow is really going to suck too. And so is my motorcycle ride on Saturday in the canyons in Malibu with a forecast high of 80F. Oh, and my car track day in two weekends, that's really going to suck too. I just had real deal Korean BBQ and Japanese food last week, I think I'm going to be a bit boring and get Thai later.
  • subytrojan_2subytrojan_2 Member Posts: 79
    There's too much music. I'd rather hear more of the car and Jay talking.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    @spdracerut: I live in the LA area too, and while I can't disagree with your pro lists (though I'm inland, so I'm bicycling to work in 95 degree sweltering heat) I'm strongly considering moving out of the area because there are many cons too. The main thi
  • shoesus27shoesus27 Member Posts: 14
    Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

( http://www.shoes2.us// )

Believe you will love it.

We accept any form of payment.

http://www.shoes2.us/Michael-Kors-Handbags-n2447/
  • h3avyh3avy Member Posts: 1
    NO air fuel from that dyno? Engine compartment looks lonely without a supercharger