Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Kia Forte EX: Track Tested

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

image2014 Kia Forte EX: Track Tested

We track test the 173-horsepower, 2.0-liter 2014 Kia Forte EX to see how the new engine performs when pushed.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    class competitve but does not feel quick. reminds me of my honda fit. compared to cars with more torque it feels like you are standing still when you are actually scooting along at a good rate.
  • empoweredbcempoweredbc Member Posts: 50
    Not a great performance. Better off with the standard engine with the better gas.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    "Little punch off the line and the power never really picks up." Sounds like every other California SULEV choker. That said a 2 litre tuned for 170+ horsepower is never going to be a toque monster low down. Torque peak at 4700rpm is a bit of a clue.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Good braking and slalom performance, especially on all-seasons! Acceleration results and slalom are kind of lame...
    Whoops, the second 'Slalom' should read 'Skipad'
  • hlislehlisle Member Posts: 8
    As tested at $25K, this is very pricey! Are you kidding? How ridiculous! At that price point there are many cars that are better - curious how the new '14 Corolla will do... This price range hits the Optima range, Accord, Camry, etc range... My thoughts would be marginally different if this had an acceleration time to 60 in the low 6's...
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    So if you are gonna track-test the Kia Forte, then I think you should test the Corvette by taking it grocery shopping or maybe to the mall.
  • glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    @hlisle It's loaded with tech and features you can't even get on other cars in the category. And plenty of folks don't want to upsize just because they can.
  • cynic783cynic783 Member Posts: 30
    still much faster quarter mile than the "torque rich" volkswagen passat TDI http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/track-tests/2013-volkswagen-passat-tdi-sel-premium-track-tested.html
  • yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    About as fast as the 8th gen Civic Si with TC on. Not bad considering this is an automatic vs Civic's manual.
  • themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    LOL! What a POS
    *skidpad*. Ladies and gentlemen, I am officially dyslexic (or my autocorrect broke). I'm inclined to agree with hlisle, there's a case to be made against upsizing, but at that kind of price range you're competing with entry level midsize sedans as well as enthusiast cars like the Focus ST and FR-S. They might not be as well equipped but they're not stripped cars either; and you will either have a roomy and comfortable ride or a more fun one. Not everyone cares about heated rear seats.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    @hlisle-- A well optioned smaller car overlaps the price of the next larger model's base trim. That's the way it is today across lots of makes. And it's reasonable, too. For the same money some of us would prefer a smaller car with high end stereo, nav, m
  • shoesus28shoesus28 Member Posts: 8
    Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

( http://www.shoes2.us// )

Believe you will love it.

We accept any form of payment.

http://www.shoes2.us/Michael-Kors-Handbags-n2447/
  • schp007schp007 Member Posts: 1
    nice tech car