Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Our Long Term 2014 Chevrolet Silverado is too long.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    car25car25 Member Posts: 7
    Had that same issue and ended up buying a Toyota Tunda (229.5 inches) that fit in my old garage.

To be fair to Chevy, the 2014 Crew Cab with a short box or a Double Cab with standard box is 230 inches and will fit - you must have a long box on yours.
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    I feel its needed to point out that the 205 inch Silverado you mentioned is the Regular cab SHORT BED which in this configuration has VERY limited utility even when compared with the crew cab short combos. Just by looking at the pic the reg cab long bed would fit if only just so there goes that excuse.----------------------------------- Also why do you feel the need to garage your vehicles? You don't live in a area that is commonly hit by hailstorms and I doubt you live in the ghetto where drive bys are a serious consideration. So again why do you need to limit your vehicle choices by what will fit in your garage?------------------------------------------------------------------------ @car25 The correct term for Edmunds box type is short bed with the even shorter 5.5 ft bed being called common super short bed. Only the 8ft bed is called a long bed or standard bed. It doesn't help that car makers are still using out of date naming conventions that only confuse buyers.
  • Options
    spyderpaspyderpa Member Posts: 3
    This is why I am sad that the "mid-size" truck market evaporated over the last decade. My 2000 Dakota 4x4 quad cab (5 speed!) is approaching the end of its life, and I'm almost forced to go used if I want anything that can approach its capability and versatile function. I don't need a massive truck with an 8' bed or 300+ hp. I just want 4wd, room for a car seat in the back, and the ability to haul/tow when I need it. Oh, and I do want to keep it in the garage - Midwest winters have taught me to appreciate not having to waste time and money warming the cabin and clearing the snow/ice off of the vehicle.
  • Options
    dan_acostadan_acosta Member Posts: 24
    I have the crew with 6.5 foot box and it fits in my garage, so perhaps my garage is a little longer than yours. I did measure before buying to be sure it would fit. I traded up from an 07 Tundra, which as a previous poster mentioned was shorter.