Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT Crew Long-Term Road Test

How many boxes of Girl Scout cookies fit in the bed of our long-term 2014 Chevy Silverado? We found out this weekend.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    marmotkingmarmotking Member Posts: 42
    If I were a local LEO and saw this it would be a (very questionable) stop for an unsecured load. However, a case of Thin Mints might just make me forget I ever saw your truck. On another note, I've never understood the allure of a full-sized pickup with such a short bed.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Really. Any minivan will carry 81 cases of these cookies and would still have room for 7 or 8 people. And would do it even in the rain.
  • Options
    ajac03ajac03 Member Posts: 37
    Agreed somewhat. Short box full sized trucks lose a lot when it comes to hauling. But for the most part at least you can still tow a trailer if you really need to haul a lot.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    I'm having a grand dream about teaming up with with Michael Caine to "relieve" you of all those burdensome, yet delicious, cookies. We'd call it The L.A. Job, or something...
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    Should have gotten that 1 ton long bed.
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    Ah, the annual cookie post. Makes me reminisce about the good old days of Inside Line. But wasn't it Caroline who did those posts?
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    No - Kelly Toepke. Uh-oh...I've been here too long.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Yaaaay partially hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup for everyone!
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I always look forward to Kelly's post on the cokkie vehicle for the year. The truck is a natural but I was hoping for the Tesla! By the way congrats Kelly, I am assuming you got married.
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    Fordson & Throwback -- Shame on me for not putting the pieces together. I am unworthy of Thin Mints.