Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible First Drive

Edmunds' First Drive of the 2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible. Includes on-road driving impressions, specs, data, photos and more.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Space above drivers head now matches wheel gap
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    I think that this best matches up to the new Jag convertible.
    Except u can actually put luggage in it and it performs w/o excuses.
  • Options
    shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    Great performance, but still a cheesy dashboard that looks like it came out of a Chevy Cavalier.
  • Options
    scottyscooterscottyscooter Member Posts: 8
    I don’t know, I’m just not seeing the same “Cavalier dashboard” and ridiculous wheel gap that other people seem to be seeing. Styling wise, I consider the new Stingray it to be a little overwrought for my tastes but something about the convertible is making the whole package look much more appealing. Maybe it’s the lack of vents on the rear? Or maybe it’s the way the soft top trims down the cockpit area and the lines flow into a truck deck rather than the fastback lines that the coupe has? In any case, being more exposed to awesome V8 exhaust sounds with the top down is definitely a bonus.

It would have been nice to see more pictures of the differences in the interior and truck space…
  • Options
    pommahpommah Member Posts: 71
    Corvettes have always had my respect even if they weren't my cup of tea. This roadster though my change that. Nicely done, Chevy.
  • Options
    shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    People that do not think the interior dash and center console are cheap junk must be driving a Dodge, Chevy or a Ford now.
  • Options
    bobde3bobde3 Member Posts: 1
    I may buy one in the spring, and i will immediately paint the back valance panel [below tail lights] the body color. I am not nearly crazy about the style but the engineering and features get me. Also, it is a corvette.