Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray shows tire wear.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    That's interesting. Do the fronts wear more because they are narrower? When I had my Mustang, with unidirectional but non-staggered sizes, all four wore at the same rate. (Of course, I rotated them somewhat regularly). When I swapped to staggered sizes, the fronts wore a little more quickly.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Interesting. I think degree of wear on all of these tires (not fronts compared to rears) is due to a combo of high-performance summer tires and run-flats. Have never, ever seen an instance in which the ZP version of any tire wears as long as its conventional counterpart.
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    Well, only one thing you can do. Run an uncontested burnout contest next month to finish off the rears, and say goodbye to over $1500 as you replace the set.
  • Options
    christoplechristople Member Posts: 27
    The last time I remember seeing a post about tire tread was the old Pontiac G8 you guys had and how even the rears wore out.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that"

• Options
    marmotkingmarmotking Member Posts: 42
    @noburgers FTW! Genius! Film at 11...