Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4x4 Full Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4x4 Full Test

We test the 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ 4x4, the first major redesign of this popular full-size traditional SUV in nine years.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    juddholl10juddholl10 Member Posts: 84
    This is written poorly.
  • Options
    empowahempowah Member Posts: 70
    $67K for this thing? For that money, I'd get a GL350 BlueTEC, which is way more comfortable for passengers, handles decently, and gets acceptable fuel economy (26 MPG on the highway).

Alternatively, I'd get a Durango, which gets crossover fuel economy but nearly the capability of a full-sized SUV.
  • Options
    younghyoungh Member Posts: 11
    I agree with empowah that for Tahoe LTZ/Yukon Denali money, the Mercedes GL (and the upcoming Audi Q7) seem like more attractive propositions. I suppose the high price and cost cutting measures like the lack of an independent rear suspension are what happen when a company is driven to maintain their 20K margins than seemingly anything else.
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    After reading this write up, the thing that sticks in my minds is 66k! For a Tahoe! GM's profit margin must 25k per truck.
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Although better looking, GM is finally getting their interior appointments up to the level of the 2007 Navigator, which I applaud, but it sure took them a long time to do it.

We'll see how the next Nav is and make our next SUV purchase decision. I've always been a GM guy, but when we checked them all out (large SUVs with room for 8/9), the Nav just was a better bargain all around.
  • Options
    tacomamudpittacomamudpit Member Posts: 65
    Interesting article - but wholly smokes $67,000 thousand dollars (granted it has all the toys) but still, and PLUS TAX this is a $70,000+ dollar ride. Dunno, approaching Toyota Landcrusier territory, just say'in...
  • Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    According to Edmunds.com "build and price", the LS 2WD starts at $44,600. I guess that's more palatable to some.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Yikes, the cost of entry on this truck is staggering. I can't see most of the people driving an older model today ponying up 60-some-odd thousand for a new one. At that price point a slew of other family vehicles come into range including-- as mentioned above-- a number of luxury marquee models.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    You keep mentioning a high ground clearance but the front air dam/splitter looks very low to the ground for a 'real' SUV.
  • Options
    themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    A trim piece between the dual front turn signals on each side would be a hot aftermarket item
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    What a disaster. Offset steering wheel since 2001? FAIL! HIDs only on the very top model? FAIL! 37 inch rear lift height to accommodate useless third row? FAIL! $67k price tag? Hysterically funny FAIL! GM has done some nice work since their bailout, but they've really screwed the pooch with this thing. Expect to see a flood of them on the used market in three years when the leases are up and the rental companies dump them.