Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

The Dodge Dart doesn't exactly have the presence of a Challenger SRT8, but there are some distinctive elements that help it stand out in a parking lot.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    The world needs more green and orange cars, and red and blue for that matter too. My first car was bright green, the next was orange, my current one is red, and I think the next will be blue.
  • Options
    meng_maomeng_mao Member Posts: 24
    Which one is Orange Header, and which one is Citrus Peel?
  • Options
    zcalvertzcalvert Member Posts: 76
    that orange is dreadfully awful in person. the particular shade would be more appropriate for a highway construction barrel... i mean, it's just bad. really, really bad.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I can get behind some lively colors for cars...some of the current color dullness I blame on the prevalence of leasing...cars are like rental apartments - they're all beige or white so they don't offend the next prospect.
  • Options
    tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    The Citrus Peel is the green looking one on the top right. And that picture is not a good representation of that color. It looks even worse in person. It is basically like the super bright yellow of the safety vests with a hint of green in it. While I am completely for more interesting colors on cars, this color should have remained in the highlighter.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    The Dart is my favorite small sedan right now. It's a shame that the automatic apparently sucks.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    @bankerdanny: I've driven the stick and the automatic, and the automatic is just fine. I didn't like the stick. What is apparently bad is the DDCT transmission, which is what's on the Edmunds car.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    what this car really needs is the 9 speed automatic- that can't come soon enough.

The manual is easy enough to use (easily defined gates, clutch pedal is light and friction point extremely easy to find) but coming from all of the cars I've driven, the clutch pedal and shift knob especially have ridiculously long travel. It's almost comical how the 1-3-5 shifts result in the knob nearly hitting the center stack (making the cubby useless) and the 2-4-6 shifts nearly hit the arm rest (which is also at the wrong height for your arm).