Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

One Edmunds editor isn't a fan of the graphics on the long-term 2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye's speedometer. Luckily there's also a digital display.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    count me in the group that prefers less artsy and more useful speedometer readouts. Although they at least get some credit for not making the speedo go up to 180 or something like that.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    That's like the worst-looking set of gauges I've seen in a long while.
  • Options
    benson12benson12 Member Posts: 6
    Very busy layout and the font is hard to read. Sadly done more for style than for usability.
  • Options
    ajac03ajac03 Member Posts: 37
    Yeah it is a little bit too busy, but at least they had the decency to put a digital readout too.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    An overly-stylized font and bold, busy hashmarks make this hard to read. It isn't just you.
  • Options
    nukedetroitnukedetroit Member Posts: 108
    There is simply no part of this POS that Fiasler designed well.
  • Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    It's hard to read at first (this is my first time really looking at the Dart's speedometer) but it's probably something I'd get used to over time. Still, IMHO, the red outer marks should denote 10's and the smaller white intermediate marks should denote 5's. Seems more intuitive that way.
  • Options
    majin_ssj_ericmajin_ssj_eric Member Posts: 49
    Terrible design. Looks tacky and busy. Would've been much better off without the red lines...
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Unfortunately, unless you get the Dart with the TFT display (which is pretty slick), the "base" instrument cluster looks like that, it's pretty bad. Even more unfortunate is that if you get the manual transmission, the TFT display is actually even more of a PITA because the tach is now buried to the far left!
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Awful. Annoying. And not even attractive.
  • Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    Overdesigned. Bleh.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    I'm glad someone finally noticed how bad these gauges are. It's enough to make me not want to buy the car.
    It would have taken the same effort to make them look good. The Volvo S60 is an excellent example.
  • Options
    se_riouslyse_riously Member Posts: 94
    1st generation Lexus LS has (in my opinion) the finest analog gauges of all time. Easy to see, easy to read. Nothing more, nothing less.