Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2013 Dodge Dart has a tilt wheel that doesn't tilt enough.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• 2000_red_xj2000_red_xj Member Posts: 2
    Raise the seat.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    But that may put his legs out of kilter. I find many car don't fit me as I have long legs but relatively short arms. I have sat in many cars, fiddled with the seat and wheel for a few minutes then had to say "no sale" to the dealer. Many Mercedes models fit me perfectly as they tend to have the wheel closer than most.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Looks like it still has some of that Fiat bus steering wheel thang going on.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Raising the seat doesn't really work well either, because A) the seat is already too high and B) the pedals (especially the clutch, if you got the manual version) has HUGE travel.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    The Dart doesn't have a tilt wheel, it has a height adjustable wheel.

I assume the GN has an actual tilt wheel, which is to say the angle of the wheel changes as opposed to the wheel moving up and down, but the 'tilt' staying pretty much the same.
  • sb222sb222 Member Posts: 6
    Agreed. I sat in one at the showroom when my car was being serviced. The wheel doesn't go down far enough. The seat is already high and raising it further makes for an uncomfortable driving position. The view out the windshield top-to-bottom seems narrow and therefore compromised. I would consider the car but this needs to be addressed first.