Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds adds a 2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye to our long-term test fleet.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ed124ced124c Member Posts: 0
    Sounds like the poster child for "slush box".

Honestly, don't the Chrysler engineers TEST these things?

Reaffirms my vow to never buy a car with an automatic.

To Edmunds: A quick drive of the car BEFORE buying it would have led you to take the manual.
  • Options
    wizard8873wizard8873 Member Posts: 20
    Sounds similar to the Cruze. Had a rental two weeks ago and again one now and terrible transmission. It's always hunting gears and forces me to throw it into the manual mode. still not fast shifts but much better than the automatic mode.
  • Options
    docsully1docsully1 Member Posts: 1
    The Ford Focus has similar tech and similar issues. One good computer reprogram and it's as smooth as a baby's butt.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    I think a couple of commenters said that you should have gotten the manual- not that it would have mattered since none of us could yell at you DURING the car buying process =)

Still, it seems that the 9 speed automatic can't come soon enough. The powertrain lineup for the Dart is pretty fragmented at the moment.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Isn't the whole point of a dual-clutch automated manual supposed to be fast shift speeds compared to a conventional automatic?
  • Options
    motorstreetmotorstreet Member Posts: 23
    I see you're regretting the transmission choice already. The Dart is a very nice car and I'm sure you would have enjoyed it thoroughly if you had gotten the manual. Instead we will see a year of posts about the terrible transmission and miss all this car's good points.
  • Options
    noburgers_noburgers_ Member Posts: 79
    I think the auto was a decent choice since that's how most will be purchased in the U.S. anyway. Plus, this, on paper, sounds like it would be a high-tech tranny, not just some rubber-band CVT. I look forward to see what everyone thinks of it during the year
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    All this effort to bring exciting and unconventional automated manual transmissions to the market in economy cars, and this is what they do with it. Great theory, terrible application. Why not just put a well-sorted conventional 6 speed auto in and be done with it?