Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2013 Dodge Dart can go 500 miles on one tank of gas, which can be very helpful with Las Vegas so close.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    I guess that's OK. My 01 Elantra beater gets 33 mpg highway if I go the speed limit, and it has a 15-gallon gas tank. Things have really improved.
  • Options
    ajac03ajac03 Member Posts: 37
    Ehh, doesn't really seem that impressive to be honest. I have an older camry with a slightly larger fuel tank, and I don't even have to try to get over 600 miles on the tank, and my EPA highway is only 28. It seems like none of the newer turbo 4's can "actually" get what the companies are claiming (I'm looking at you Ford). 36.6 is good, but not that great for 2013.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Nice Proclaimers shout out Travis. As far as the Dart goes though, isn't it rated near 40mpg highway? 33 is really not very good by current small car standards.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    That's pretty good range - that's the upside. The downside is that to get 500 miles on one tank of gas in the Dodge Dart, you have to drive it for 500 miles, which is about 250 miles further than I would want to drive it. Not echoing nukedetroit, who is getting (has gotten - ?) repetitive; I am just not that impressed with this car. Too many little issues and not a lot of recompense in the form of driving enjoyment.
  • Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    ajac03, I'm averaging 32 mpg exactly in my ST Focus, which is rated at 32 on the highway. That's right in line with the long-term averages I typically see (that is, within 10% of the EPA highway estimate).
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    let's just agree to ignore opinions that we don't agree with (go ahead and hit the 'thumbs down" button). It isn't going to change the posts being made. I have no problem with people posting negative opinions, but they should at least add some value for readers. lately it's just entertainment value. Save the immaturity for Autoblog.com where it is expected.