Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Ford

image2013 Ford Focus ST Long-Term Road Test

Here's one thing I really like about our 2013 Ford Focus ST: I don't see myself coming and going on the road.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    blkspeed3blkspeed3 Member Posts: 1
    There are many factors that limit the car's appeal. Like its overpriced, not that appealing in Tangerine scream and slower than an MS3
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Wat. Here in Michigan (and heck, even Toyota-town Toronto) I've seen as many Focus STs as I've seen GTIs. I've only seen one Model S in Ontario and none so far in Michigan!
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    This to me is an example of the strange hothouse car culture in Southern California. I read recently that 93% of all Tesla S's sold are registered in California. There are way more Hondas and Toyotas there. You see 25-year-old cars of all makes, not a spot of rust on them. There are Detroit models that are #5 in sales in the U.S...and like 30th in sales in California. None of this is representative of what's on the road across North America.
  • Options
    wdrauchwdrauch Member Posts: 22
    Actually, this is just a typical example of how regionalized the U.S. car market is. If you look at the top 10 vehicles by sales in each region it's quite varied.

Even though I see a lot of STs in SE Michigan, I like that it's a bit of a sleeper because it doesn't look all that different from more run-of-the-mill 5-door Focuses.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I don't know Fordson, I see Tesla's all over the Chicago area, 2 or 3 a week. It's remarkable really. I see far more Model S's than the Toybaru's, and I live barely a mile from a Subaru dealer.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    I've only seen one ST, and it wasn't on this continent. The BRZ/FRS I'm starting to see more, while I have seen zero Teslas outside of California. I am in Arkansas though... We have more of a truck culture than car culture here.
  • Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    I've seen maybe 3 or 4 Focus STs in the D.C. Metro area. A lot of normal Focuses, though.

They're discounting them pretty steeply with the new model year coming. If I weren't holding out for the Fiesta ST I'd probably end up with one.
  • Options
    alex4515alex4515 Member Posts: 29
    Here in DFW and commuting with the early crowd, I've only seen two or three STs and about the same number of the 86 twins. I've seen one Model S as well. Then again, DFW isn't exactly known for it's car enthusiasts...
  • Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    bankerdanny, I'm with you. I'm northwest of Chicago and I have seen more Model S's than I have ST's. It's not uncommon for me to see one Model S every day or two, on average. I'm lucky to see one ST a week, although lately that has started to change.
  • Options
    exnevadan_exnevadan_ Member Posts: 25
    few Tesla's in MA, few ST's and few BRZ/FRS twins

happy to see any of them, all represent something cool and unique and the Tesla is one of the better looking cars on the road to my eyes

ST is the most practical in central MA with four to five months of winter driving conditions